Time to mend and make do, beg, borrow and barter.

Comments

• Ten years! It's amazing to think we've been hanging around here that long! So much has happened, much has changed, house moves, jobs, births and deaths... I've learned so much and it really helped us get to where we are today. Onwards and upwards everyone!
  • Happy Thursday Folks! Not a bad office even if it feels sub-arctic!
    27500896_339275386481051_6064003190430861815_o.jpg?oh=83ec5bba3afba5ea732f949f7f02be20&oe=5ADDC6BC
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • Lovely comments folks thanks so much.

Pinch Punch first of the month.

So whilst I didn't *report* much in the way of uber frugal January - I will update later on today on spends.

Although I can report there were ONLY ONE takeaway incidents this month :D Petrol spends were down and shopping was in budget if tight, wasn't OVER and I know that's a big spend area for me.

I can also report that there were FUNDS in the bank left over from the wages, in January and a 5 week month - I'm most impressed with that.

Looking to update the CC payments later on but looks like I can over pay this month by more than the budget which is an extra £250 towards that last card - total of almost 600 this month...... Happy dances.

And, that's WITH paying the car insurance in full.

Looks like Uber Frugal January was a good idea.

Marvellous.

Hot scones all round I say.

And waves to chums of 10 years or so - and Beanie I'm sure you'll get an 11 badge!

PS EH and Starnac I did my tax return at 10.35pm last night - not quite first day like the year before LOL but it should be my last one for a while as it was the few months before I switched to being employed.

Lazy lummock or what and I paid it off in full. :D
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Morning Pippi :D

Excellent results there
    Buttered scones for tea indeed :j:j:j
    :A
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,118 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper

Excellent results there

Excellent results.
    Jealous of the scones :drool:
    Chuffing freezing here.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Well done on the tax return Mrs Stripes! And BEEEEOOOTIFUL (if pesky) Snowdrops too!

Yum to scones - and permission to feel smug as we went through January with ZERO takeaway incidents...and am aiming to do the same again in February (Which I'm regretting ALREADY as I'm working tomorrow and the deal has always been that if I work a friday then we takeaway for dinner - grr!) :p

Ace work on the card payment too - that's a measure of what can be done!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Well done on the tax return Mrs Stripes! And BEEEEOOOTIFUL (if pesky) Snowdrops too!

Yum to scones - and permission to feel smug as we went through January with ZERO takeaway incidents...and am aiming to do the same again in February (Which I'm regretting ALREADY as I'm working tomorrow and the deal has always been that if I work a friday then we takeaway for dinner - grr!) :p

Ace work on the card payment too - that's a measure of what can be done!

Congratulations! Permission granted and I'm having a go at uber feb too so I'll join you although I can't really promise no takeaways..........:A
    beanielou wrote: »
    Excellent results.
    Jealous of the scones :drool:
    Chuffing freezing here.

:eek: here too. Wrap up lovely.

Excellent results there

Merci me dear hope you all have a cracking weekend.

:A:A:A:A:A
  • Gorgeous snowdrops! Mmmm scones... that's making me want some. Maybe DD can bake a batch for tea.

Glad you got the tax situation sorted. The snag is you have to submit the return and the payment and have it cleared before the deadline; hope it all got through. I did mine a few days ago, I'm always paranoid about doing something wrong.

Lovely and sunny here, but cold. I'm thinking of being good and cycling round to the garden centre (only a mile or so!) to see if they have any rhubarb plants for sale, the deer took the one that was here!
  • Ooh Trog do it - love rhubarb! (As presumably do the deer!)

Not totally sure we'll manage no takeaways either! Suspect there's definitely going to be some "eating out" incidents not least the night I run the 5k at the Olympic Park as I am NOT going home and then cooking afterwards! :rotfl: (but it IS a Wednesday, and Pizza Express can be quite obliging on Wednesdays, so...) :rotfl:
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Pippilongstocking
    Pippilongstocking Posts: 16,336 Forumite
    edited 2 February 2018 at 5:09PM
    Food spends 180/200 - 20up
    Household cleaner 0/44 - 44 up due to illness
    Misc 0/50 - 50 up
    Heating extras logs/gas 57/50 = 7 down
    Petrol £152/ 300 - 148 up - largely due to smaller car use
    Treats 49.37/50 - woop just under at 63p
    Vets - 33.94/100 UP - one vet trip, one uncoopperative dog and now have paraceatamol
    Kid expenses 60/50 (taxi to airport or from I forget but it was 4am so that's a no brainer. down but hey ho.

So not a bad month a wee bit up in places and a wee bit down too.

Car Insurance - 144 epic result due to Mr Lewis and elcomparesupermarkadoo
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts