Compensation for delayed flights Discussion Area

Comments

• tilsley
    tilsley Posts: 7 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Vauban wrote: »
    a) yes
    b) no
    c) yes (not sure though about how easy it would be to take them to court in the UK - do they have a proper registered presence?)

Hi,

Thanks for the quick repy.

They do have a London `office`;

ADDRESS
    Central House, 3 Lampton Road, TW3 1HY

I initially sent 2 letters there without reply and then had success via email which is being done via Sri Lanka so not sure what the status of the London office is.

As they have offered someone else €1200 worth of flights, I would probably settle for that but $400 is a bit light (sounds like an initial first offer to me). Having given me the run around with the ticket number I don't expect them to comply that quickly but won't let it go.

Thanks again.
  • djrenegade_2
    djrenegade_2 Posts: 118 Forumite
    edited 3 July 2013 at 4:34PM
    have moved my post to the new discussion topic...
  • Has anybody had any luck with US Airways?
  • natsplatnat
    natsplatnat Posts: 3,033 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Thanks in advance... details below...

Olympic Holidays (Small Planet Airline)
    Flight number P7443 LGW - LCA (larnaca)
    LGW Depature date 22/06/2013 @ 09:40... delayed to 23/06/2013 @ 03:10... delayed to 23/06/2013 @ 04:10. Ended up on an Atlantic Airlines plane (if that has any bearing on anything?)

Have tried to find the details on Flightstat, but it doesn't appear to like my flight details.

Am off to digest more info.... thanks again!

Bump?? please? Thank you
    start = Wed 19th Nov 2008 £21,225
    end = Mon 28th Sept 2015 DEBT FREE!
    I love a good plan - it may not work.... but I love a good plan!
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    You could start off by emailing Small Planet http://www.smallplanet.aero/
    to ask them for details why their plane did not fly for Olympic on 22/23.06.13 and maybe an email to Atlantic asking why they were used instead of Small Planet. Keep the emails friendly and you might obtain the info. Do you have a flight number for the Atlantic flight as I guess this wasn't the Polish prefixed 7443?
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Has anybody had any luck with US Airways?

you could check here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4445417
  • natsplatnat
    111KAB wrote: »
    You could start off by emailing Small Planet http://www.smallplanet.aero/
    to ask them for details why their plane did not fly for Olympic on 22/23.06.13 and maybe an email to Atlantic asking why they were used instead of Small Planet. Keep the emails friendly and you might obtain the info. Do you have a flight number for the Atlantic flight as I guess this wasn't the Polish prefixed 7443?

thanks for the suggestion - will send a couple of friendly emails this afternoon!

Our boarding cards show flight number 'P7 0443'. It all all really odd! :o
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    natsplatnat - I understood Atlantic only carried cargo out of Coventry and Birmingham. Are you sure the SP plane was substituted with one from Atlantic?
  • natsplatnat
    I have checked another reference for this flight and it was indeed operated by Atlantic probably under wet lease from Small Planet so the latter are still the ones to whom any claim should be addressed.

Sorry, I am easily confused... just to clarify.... I need to claim from Small Planet as they are the ones that then sub-contracted Atlantic Airlines? (nice plane and crew AA by the way - better than the Gran Cru plane we had on return... again instead of SP).

Just as an after thought, can I claim for anything due to them bringing our return flight home forward by and hour, the plane was a disgrace and most passengers (although glad to actually have a plane) felt more than a little unsafe!!?
  • tilsley
    tilsley Posts: 7 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    tilsley wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks for the quick repy.

They do have a London `office`;

ADDRESS
    Central House, 3 Lampton Road, TW3 1HY

I initially sent 2 letters there without reply and then had success via email which is being done via Sri Lanka so not sure what the status of the London office is.

As they have offered someone else €1200 worth of flights, I would probably settle for that but $400 is a bit light (sounds like an initial first offer to me). Having given me the run around with the ticket number I don't expect them to comply that quickly but won't let it go.

Thanks again.

Well - I'm still in shock but Sri Lankan have just offered me €1300 for a delayed flight in 2008. They made me jump through a few hoops but once I have provided the (unecessary) additional info and batted away their initial `offer`, they have agreed to pay in full.

:rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure