Quidco Question and Answers

Comments

• Sensory
    Sensory Posts: 497 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Things have changed for the better!
    Quidco is now completely free

From today you'll be able to keep all your cashback earnings thanks to our new basic level of Quidco membership. Acting on valuable feedback from members this new tier of membership still allows you access to over 3,500 retailers but without us retaining £5 of your annual cashback earnings.

For those of you who use Quidco regularly we've also created Quidco Premium; a higher tier of membership with enhanced features aimed at speeding up the cashback payment process and improving access to our customer service team.

Premium just requires that they retain the first £5 of your annual cashback, just like before.
  • November2
    November2 Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    As far as I can work out existing members can no longer access their Quidco accounts unless they click 'agree to terms' and are automatically made a Premium Member. You cannot downgrade until anniversary date of your joinning! So they have already taken the £5 for Premium!
  • Rusty!
    Rusty! Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've noticed my old DMG based transactions now have an estimated payment date of the 30th of April.

Didn't really believe it, so contacted their support. They claim they've been chasing them up and "must have gotten a response from them recently".
  • quidco_Company_Representative
    quidco_Company_Representative Posts: 2,512 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Morning all,

Hope you are all well. Please find the answers to your questions below.

@ Lois_lush: Sometimes the referral fee (your cashback) is paid to another referrer. This is mainly due to you not clearing your cookies before making your purchase. Having Google open can cause this as the referral fee would go to them. To avoid this please ensure that your cookies have been cleared and any other pages are closed.

@R34GTT: It looks like you have done everything right. As long as you meet the terms and conditions and that your cookies have been cleared prior to making your purchase, then your claim should be successful.

@Casson: Sorry to hear that you were not successful in receiving your AA cashback. Like I said to @lois_lush if your cookies have not been cleared prior to making your purchase or if you have had another window open whilst making your purchase your cashback might go else where. If you would like to discuss this further please login to your Quidco account and use the live chat tool to talk to our customer service team.

@Vladislavs & November2: We have always retained the first £5 per year. If you don't earn anything in that year we will not retain anything. The Premium account costs the same as your previous one but has extra features like faster paying retailers, payment on date, call back request and live chat. I have noticed that @Amusville has already directed you to the FAQ in which we outline the £5 fee. This was also in the terms and conditions that you excepted when you opened your account.

Keep those questions coming!

Brad
    Quidcare
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • Hi Quidco - Has Holiday Inn gone for good from your site. Very dismayed to find this morning they are no longer there. My OH has a good 80 odd nights a year staying with them.

Thank you
  • quidco_Company_Representative
    quidco_Company_Representative Posts: 2,512 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Hi Tillycat123,

Unfortunately Holiday inn are no longer on the site, but we do have other hotels available :)
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • Thanks Leanne, I have been down this route before but with a different representative - will try again with you.

I will forward the screenshot and history of discussion to you right away.

Thanks

I'm happy to report that Emily at Quidco has agreed that the listing on Quidco was incorrect and will be funding my account with the correct cashback as a gesture of goodwill.

Happy that this is now resolved - took some time and repeated emails but Quidco pulled through in the end!
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I always use TCB but I can no longer get Tesco cashback using Safari.

Does anyone know if you can using Quidco?
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Question, if I click from Quidco to a home insurance provider, getting a quote and saving that quote, would I still get cashback if I returned say a week later using the retrieve feature and buy it?

Or do I have to complete the transaction clicking from Quidco, getting a quote and buying it in one sitting?
  • mum26
    mum26 Posts: 1,485 Forumite
    Hi Quidco, I have tried to do a cashback claim regarding Audible but wanted to let you know there are a few issues.

1) I wanted to do the £3.99 per month for three months offer - £7 cashback. That is the link I clicked on when I signed up. It tracked quickly but for £5. There is no option on the cashback claim to select £7!

Also the link for that offer took me to a free month then £7.99. I signed up then emailed them, including the link, to see if they could alter it for me. I got a nonsensical response back so clicked to cancel my account, then I was given the option to pay £3.99 per month for 3 months, which I've gone with, but it is very confusing on your site and I cannot understand why there is no option to claim the £7 when it is still advertised with a link?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback