£150 switch incentive from NatWest (2019)

Options

Comments

• moneysavinggirl40
    Options
    Hello,

I am new hear but long time reader...

I am thinking of switching my Halifax donor account to the Natwest Select and I have a couple of questions to ask the experts, if I may?

1. Do I have to have any direct debits set up on the accounts - I cannot see any mention of this in their terms and conditions
    2. Is it a case of logining into their account either via Online or App
    3. Depositing £1500 until the payment date?

Thanks for any help in advance, particularly on the DD's

1. if it doesn't say you have to have any dd set up on the accounts then you don't, i haven't. :)
    2. YES do that
    3.YES do that, it needn't stay in the account though.

Have you had a Nat West account before and received the bonus between Oct 17 and Dec 18? then you're not eligible but if you haven't then you're gonna get your £150 as long as you do the above.:D Good luck!
  • Fingerbobs
    Fingerbobs Posts: 1,640 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    yes i called them and they said just send the sign agreement, that the email invitation to upload docs to digidocs is not necessary for my situation ( have been a Nat West customer b4).She said it's an automatically generated email that invites customers to upload docs to digidocs.

Thanks for this. I had assumed that the DigiDocs faff wasn't really necessary, and chose to ignore it and just return the sample signature form by post.
  • moneysavinggirl40
    Options
    Fingerbobs wrote: »
    Thanks for this. I had assumed that the DigiDocs faff wasn't really necessary, and chose to ignore it and just return the sample signature form by post.

ahh no worries, this forum is great for little answers to questions. so i've had my customer no. given to me and my activation code should be sent soon, so i believe it's all going through okay, as I was given my switch date too. no doubt you'll start getting texts and emails next week confirming that the application is being processed. Good luck.x:beer:
  • leew
    leew Posts: 726 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't think they look closely and see if the other account is your main, they're just interested in gaining customers and other banks losing customers.it does say it's available for existing customers, so you should be fine. don't forget to log in to the new account and deposit £1500 from another account, rather than a nat west internal transfer, all before that date that they say in march.

Thanks for that moneysavinggirl40.

I've had a text today saying thanks for switching to us from Natwest after initially getting refused due to me putting the wrong Halifax card number when completing the application so it looks like it's going through now.

The only problem now is that one as I don't have another account to transfer the money from apart from my Natwest one! I am maybe thinking of using Paypal or even withdrawing £1500 out then depositing it back in!
  • Fingerbobs
    Options
    leew wrote: »
    The only problem now is that one as I don't have another account to transfer the money from apart from my Natwest one! I am maybe thinking of using Paypal or even withdrawing £1500 out then depositing it back in!

Withdrawing £1500 as cash and then paying it back into the same account would probably work. I can't see anything in the Switcher Offer Terms to suggest that a cash deposit wouldn't count as the qualifying deposit. I'd give them a ring and ask.
  • Roland_Flagg
    Options
    I'm switching from HSBC to NW Select account.
    The £1500 is not an issue but I only have one DD set up at HSBC.
    Will I need to set up another at NW to qualify for the £150?
    Thanks.
  • northwalesd
    northwalesd Posts: 1,167 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm switching from HSBC to NW Select account.
    The £1500 is not an issue but I only have one DD set up at HSBC.
    Will I need to set up another at NW to qualify for the £150?
    Thanks.

Take a look at post 52 - https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=75341937&postcount=52

And more importantly, whenever you are opening an account, read the T&Cs
  • northwalesd
    northwalesd Posts: 1,167 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Does anyone know how soon do they pay the cashback - once all requirements are met (full switch done, transferred £1.5K, logged in)? The website says "by 19 April" - does that mean I will have to wait almost 3 months to get the £150? Thanks.

I switched during the £125 offer, the incentive was paid on the date in the offer. Whether they will pay earlier this time is anyone's guess.
  • Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 24 January 2019 at 3:13PM
    Options
    Hi,

I am assuming the £1,500 deposit needs only to be in the account for one minute to be eligible. I want to just cycle the funds in and out again straight away. Is that correct?

Edit: Phoned up the switching team and was told is okay to cycle money in then straight out again.
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • Fingerbobs
    Options
    When I applied, I requested a switch date of 25th January (i.e. tomorrow), which was the earliest date I could select.

I've only just today received my "Welcome to NatWest" email, and two text messages to say my debit card and PIN have been sent out.

Will they really be able to complete the CASS tomorrow?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure