Getting money back after bankruptcy

Hi, my partner was made bankrupt almost 6 years ago by HRMC. We had to sell our house to pay off the debts. He owed £44000 which was covered by the sale of the house. Whilst bankrupt he received 2 ppl claims worth just over £20,000, which went straight to his insolvency practioner. When the 6 years is up at the end of this month, will he receive any of this money back?.

Comments

• Missydoll wrote: »
    Hi, my partner was made bankrupt almost 6 years ago by HRMC. We had to sell our house to pay off the debts. He owed £44000 which was covered by the sale of the house. Whilst bankrupt he received 2 ppl claims worth just over £20,000, which went straight to his insolvency practioner. When the 6 years is up at the end of this month, will he receive any of this money back?.

No, he won't.
  • TheGardener
    TheGardener Posts: 3,303
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    If your partner paid ALL his debts in full including charges and covered ALL the the costs of the OR's fees and charges - then it is worth asking the OR if there was any remaining balance. Its a long shot but the worst the OR can say is no. However, don't underestimate just how much the OR's charges are.
  • luvchocolate
    luvchocolate Posts: 3,244
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    My trustees bill was over £24,000 as said the O.R/trustee will be paid first.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure