Telephone Compliance Interview

Options
Hi everyone hope someone can help as am a bit anxious about a letter I received today saying I would have to have a telephone compliance interview a week on Friday.

I receive ESA support group and PIP lower rate daily needs.

I spoke to the Compliance Officer,they explained it was to sign a statement to confirm I have not received any lump sums or occupational pension,which I haven't.

I did receive a small pension in 2015 sadly this was spent on my husband's funeral and living expenses,could they be querying this even though I didn't claim ESA until a few months ago?
Obviously I had no idea what the future held at that time or that my health would cause me to have to give up work.

Any advice or reassurance would be greatly appreciated and I hope this makes sense,thanks.

I

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,959 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Any lump sum you received in 2015 won't affect your ESA claim you made a few months ago.

Do you receive any ill health pension weekly/monthly? If so are you claiming Contributions based ESA or Contributions based ESA with an Income related top up or all Income Related?
  • Neko1234
    Neko1234 Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks so much for your reply. I don't receive any ill health pension. My ESA is I think contributions based with an income related top up.
  • tazwhoever
    tazwhoever Posts: 1,326 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 22 January 2019 at 7:46PM
    Options
    OP - CB plus top up is both, so you should let know. I use to get that both together until my partner found work. If it's 2015 and you claimed it after that it shouldn't affect your claim unless you had over 16k.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,959 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Neko1234 wrote: »
    Thanks so much for your reply. I don't receive any ill health pension. My ESA is I think contributions based with an income related top up.
    As advised the lump sum in 2015 will not affect your Income related top up unless you had/have more then £6,000 in savings/capital when you applied for the ESA, which would affect means tested benefits £1 for every £250 over that amount. £16,000 and over and you won't be entitled to any Income related top up.

If you've done nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry about. Just answer those questions and be honest.
  • Neko1234
    Neko1234 Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    When I applied for ESA I had around 7000 in my account which I declared and they take a small amount off me for this. It has dwindled now but they are still taking off me as I haven't updated them.
    Thanks again for the replies
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport