IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Aldi Facebook Page Kicking Off after Parking Eye LBAs

1237238239240241243»

Comments

• Kerrielynn
    Kerrielynn Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 9 November 2018 at 5:26PM
    I have just received a parking charge of parking eye stating my car was parked in Aldi car park all night for 16 hours from 7.45 on the 30/10 2018 till 12 33 on the 31/10 2018 now on the 31 /10 I was in work for 5.45 in the morning so how could my car be there when it was in work with me we shop Most days in Aldi I am disabled and I need my car every day and I would never leave my car anywhere over night any advice or what to do the only place my car is ever parked overnight is out side my home they definitely got their facts wrong here thank you
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,324 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Wow - a bit of a raise from the grave! This was my first thread on here when I seriously started to get involved in this stuff!

Go and complain to the Aldi manager. This looks like a double-dip ANPR event (yet another one by PE) where your first entry was captured, your first exit (on day one) missed, your second entry (the following day) missed and your second exit captured by the cameras, giving the illusion that your vehicle was there overnight.

If the approach to the manager (take receipts/bank/cc statements to prove loyal custom) doesn't work, then Aldi has a special parking department at their HQ who will sort this out.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Umkomaas wrote: »
    Wow - a bit of a raise from the grave! This was my first thread on here when I seriously started to get involved in this stuff!

Go and complain to the Aldi manager. This looks like a double-dip ANPR event (yet another one by PE) where your first entry was captured, your first exit (on day one) missed, your second entry (the following day) missed and your second exit captured by the cameras, giving the illusion that your vehicle was there overnight.

If the approach to the manager (take receipts/bank/cc statements to prove loyal custom) doesn't work, then Aldi has a special parking department at their HQ who will sort this out.

then Aldi has a special parking department at their HQ who will [STRIKE]sort this out.
    [/STRIKE] remind Parking eye that no cases on Aldi land will be subject to court action
  • If Aldi don't want their customers to be taken to court why are they employing Parking Eye? I live a mile away from a small town/village that now has an Aldi. Aldi have imposed the 90 min. time limit yet there is absolutely no need. The station car parking is free. The Coop has four hours mainly because of people using the station and parking there all day. Tesco (which is a large car park) is free. There was no need for these restrictions. Even in the week running up to Christmas and Christmas Eve there is never any problem with parking.

Nolite te bast--des carborundorum.
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Most PE signs I've seen in an Aldi car park are at least 10 feet off the ground & the important stuff is in font 2
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Sooner or later Aldi will realise that the only people who benefit from their use of PE are Lidl.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,324 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 10 November 2018 at 10:22AM
    They seem to be installing very small signs, not a great deal larger than A4. Maybe it's a ploy to sidestep the advertising consent requirements?

Should be a winning signage point at POPLA - but I don't expect PE will worry too much about that - there'll be plenty paying them without argument.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    If Aldi don't want their customers to be taken to court why are they employing Parking Eye? I live a mile away from a small town/village that now has an Aldi. Aldi have imposed the 90 min. time limit yet there is absolutely no need. The station car parking is free. The Coop has four hours mainly because of people using the station and parking there all day. Tesco (which is a large car park) is free. There was no need for these restrictions. Even in the week running up to Christmas and Christmas Eve there is never any problem with parking.

No doubt they were sold this pup by an ex double glazing salesman on the pretence of abuse. Aldi would be entangled with a contract from PE

All Aldi achieve from this is telling their customers "we really don't you to spend all your money with us ..... after 90 mins, pi*s off and shop somewhere else"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure