Feedback - are people bothering any more?

Options
Now of course that's a very blanket like question and there are people who do.

I've sold here & there over the years. I'd never call myself a big seller - i'd just be getting rid of stuff i no longer want so i may sell 1 item in a 6 month spell or i may be selling (or trying to) 20 items in a fortnight.

Years ago when i started doing it people left feedback quite quickly. I don't think i listed anything throughout 2016 and most of 2017 until the very back end. I've noticed lately people just don't seem to bother leaving feedback. It either comes very 'late' or mostly not at all.

Anyone else notice this or just a coincidence for me? I posted 5 items off last week which all landed early this week. I've had 1 feedback. Years ago it would've been at least 3 or possibly 4 by now.

Comments

• charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    No, people don't seem to be leaving feedback like they used to. Mind you, eBay is better than Anazon. I have done over 3000 orders and have feedback of 28 and unlike eBay it rolls forward so I may end up with 0.
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • kangoora
    kangoora Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I've had 55 from my last 150 sales (just counted it), 95% used goods. I may get a couple more yet for stuff posted this week.

Almost 40% which is pretty good, sometimes I am hovering around the 20-25% feedback ration when I bother to take a look - it is variable.

It's difficult to build up a decent feedback rating when not a big seller (40-60 items a month - which may be a lot to some I guess, peanuts to others), two negs and a neutral in the last year dropped me to 99%.

I could probably have argued one of the negs and the neutral - why would someone leave a comment on a new, sealed item 'You have made someone very happy' and then neutral rating it :(
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,020 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    No, people don't seem to be leaving feedback like they used to. Mind you, eBay is better than Anazon. I have done over 3000 orders and have feedback of 28 and unlike eBay it rolls forward so I may end up with 0.
    Interestingly Amazon count a non feedback transaction as a positive in your seller metrics, Ebay don't.

Amazon has never been very good at feedback. I currently get about 15% feedback on Ebay and less than 1% on Amazon.
  • JustAnotherSaver
    Options
    kangoora wrote: »
    why would someone leave a comment on a new, sealed item 'You have made someone very happy' and then neutral rating it :(
    I've often wondered this too. I'll see neutrals and negatives with comments like "great item, thanks" and "great seller, good communication" - and they'll get the negative.

What baffles me more is when leaving that kind of feedback you get a second chance - eBay is like, are you SURE you want to backhand this seller in the face?

I can only assume some people do it because 'its 4 laffs innit'.
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Options
    I always leave ebay feedback, and I don't think I've been cruel enough to leave negs due to seller cluelessness (even though one or two might have been deserved).
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • charlies_mum
    Options
    RFW wrote: »
    Interestingly Amazon count a non feedback transaction as a positive in your seller metrics, Ebay don't.

Amazon has never been very good at feedback. I currently get about 15% feedback on Ebay and less than 1% on Amazon.

Really ? I have had over 3000 sales on Amazon with 1 negative and that has taken me down to 96%. I have had over 700 sales in the past year but my feedback score is falling.
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,204 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've often wondered this too. I'll see neutrals and negatives with comments like "great item, thanks" and "great seller, good communication" - and they'll get the negative.

What baffles me more is when leaving that kind of feedback you get a second chance - eBay is like, are you SURE you want to backhand this seller in the face?

I can only assume some people do it because 'its 4 laffs innit'.

We've had people on here proudly claim that they always leave a neutral as standard unless seller has done something absolutely wonderful - some people think it makes them look big to have the power to leave poor feedback.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,020 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Really ? I have had over 3000 sales on Amazon with 1 negative and that has taken me down to 96%. I have had over 700 sales in the past year but my feedback score is falling.
    The feedback percentage looks low but the seller metrics count all the transactions for your negative percentage rate. So if you have 1000 transactions and get 100 feedback where 5 are negative your feedback rating is 95% but your seller rating for Amazon shows as 0.05% negative rather than 5%.
  • brightonman123
    Options
    Prompt payment is all the feedback i need..
    Long time away from MSE, been dealing real life stuff..
    Sometimes seen lurking on the compers forum :-)
  • NaughtiusMaximus
    Options
    I always leave ebay feedback, it's very rare for me to leave a neutral or negative, but I will give low scores on the relevant detailed seller feedback if I'm a little unhappy with the seller but not enough to justify a neutral/negative.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure