Changing for good!

Comments

• I have made a decision about where to relocate extra money once CC2 has been paid off.
    My plan is to increase my payment to CC3 to £50 per month. It is currently £25pm, so I will be allocating the £15 from CC2 and adding in another £10 from my disposable income, so that a decent amount is coming off each month.
    I will then use the extra income from surveys etc to pay off the MyJar loan quicker, as you can make payments as and when to reduce the balance. The interest accrues throughout the loan period so I will save money on interest if I make extra payments to it.

Once CC3 is cleared, it will be used for petrol and paid in full each month, and the £50 payment will be allocated to CC1 which will then be paid at £110 per month :)
  • What you are describing is "snowballing" your debt payments - Dave Ramsey advocates this and it is hugely motivational to see your debts going down!
  • What you are describing is "snowballing" your debt payments - Dave Ramsey advocates this and it is hugely motivational to see your debts going down!

I can see why it's motivational! I'm excited to clear CC2 and increase the direct debit for CC3 :)
  • NelliePie
    NelliePie Posts: 280 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    There is a snowballing calculator (search the forum for the link, sorry I don't have it) Which you can use to see the effects of the snowballing and the best way to maximise the effect
    Little One born 19/12/18
    5/5/18 I became Mrs Pie
    FTB June '17 - £144k mortgage, £134k remaining
  • NelliePie wrote: »
    There is a snowballing calculator (search the forum for the link, sorry I don't have it) Which you can use to see the effects of the snowballing and the best way to maximise the effect

I've had a quick go and thankfully the time frame is the same if I use the 100% snowball method. I don't know if I would trust myself to pay the larger amount to the snowballing debt manually so thankfully I can continue snowballing this way and still be debt free in the same amount of time :)
  • PA cashout combined with my last few £ from Monzo means I have paid £19 to CC2... balance now £18.24 with another £2.50 coming from Opinion Outpost tomorrow :)
  • Which means I'm also at my 10% :) I appear to have gained an extra £5 paid off somewhere in my sig but who knows... I'll work it out at some point :rotfl:
  • £2.50 from Opinion Outpost paid off of CC2 so that now stands at £15.74 :)
    I think I have actually paid the extra £5 I queried in the previous post, I was going by my total paid in one of the debt-free wannabe challenges, but I think I have just forgotten to add one on in there as my totals look right :)

Even if I make no more OP's - CC2 is gone on payday :D
  • Rachel24
    Rachel24 Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    You are doing fantastic. Once credit card nearly cleared already!
  • Rachel24 wrote: »
    You are doing fantastic. Once credit card nearly cleared already!

Thank you :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport