Milann's life keeps getting in the way.......

Comments

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,569 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Yeah the gym I go to has had a gorgeous refurb over the last year and the spa is amazing - hope the prices don't go up to reflect it next time. It's only slightly more than I paid when I went to the scheme the physio sorted for me which was reduced price at local council amenities where you had to take your own padlock for the lockers. I was going to go tonight but really want to pace myself and not do too much. I'll go again on Thursday or Friday.

I should get my cc statement in the next day or so and pay it off in full on payday. 3rd time lucky - I've posted that for the last couple of months.

Had a good day SW again - got a chicken from Aldi in the oven and it's smelling pretty good. Once it's cooked I'll cook some fennel, onion peppers and sweet potatoes and squash in the juices - split between 2 pans -1 with jerk seasoning and 1 with paprika and turmeric - yummy yummy in my tummy. This will do a couple of days at least :money::D

Not felt this organised since before I was off work last October :T:T
    January spends - £587.58
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,305 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    HI Milann - I am doing SW too, lost 2 stone 4 so far but had a wobble the last few weeks. Need to get back on plan.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £11.9K
    3) CC £3.7K on 0% spends card but offset by £34K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value @15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,179 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    I am on & off the SW wagon~~surely that must help with shifting the blubber :eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • milann
    Beanie I bought a countdown - I'm six weeks in and see sawed with 3 lb...tonight I lost the 2 I put on last time I was there 3 weeks ago- missed last week with the ice and booked a week hol before that for 1/2 term. I want to lost at least 1/2 stone before the end of the countdown or I'm jacking it in - but I suppose if I hadn't have gone I'd have put on and on and on....

I've not spent a penny since Sunday so am quite happy with that. I went out for a lovely meal with my friend - her treat - the plan was to walk to the pub and back but there was a sudden heavy shower so we jumped in her car....it was her treat !!!128512;Mmmm then I wonder why I don't lose weight faster.....

Now I'm at work properly I have no excuse :D but I've felt unusually organised !!!128514;!!!128514;!!!128077;
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    I lost 1 1/2 tonight.
    Lowest weight this year.
    Like this year.
    Like you if I dident go............
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,305 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    I have to keep going to SW. Lost 2st 2 at the moment - this last month I've put half a stone on despite buying a 12 week countdown but just didn't have the energy / commitment to diet. Too busy at work. Now re-committed this week and hoping for a 2-4lb weightloss. If I get a decent loss easier to keep going....

I find my weight often mirrors my debt journey.... LOL
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £11.9K
    3) CC £3.7K on 0% spends card but offset by £34K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value @15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,246 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    I think that dieting and budgeting go hand in hand. It's the sticking to a plan thing. In both cases you have to be in the zone.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Thank you for reading my diary , it sounds like you know the area well. I am North Manchester , we are very lucky to have practically everything on our doorstep.

How is the SW going?
  • milann
    I actually lost 2lb on Thursday which is a bit of a miracle in itself. It was over 3 weeks as I didn't go in the snow and had booked a holiday the week before for half term. I went out for a meal - a gorgeous Lebanese one courtesy of my ds - we do it the Saturday rather than Sunday when the world and his mum are out. But hoping to pull back and have a loss again. We are going to dds the week after Easter and I'm hoping to have lost at least half a stone by then. It is so right that the weight loss and spending go hand in hand. Although I know a lot of my weight gain this time was lack of activity and munching whilst I got my head around my last hospital visit.

Cumbrian my son lived in North Manchester for a while when he left home and although I don't actually live in Manchester now I'm actually closer to the centre than when I lived in Manchester a child. So I know parts of it pretty well.

I had a bit of a spendy day on Sunday - I spent £65 for a week shopping plus an outfit each for my granddaughters - I got quite a few whoopsied items for the freezer so was a happy Milann.

Can't wait until payday to do some number crunching - not long now
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Great loss :j :j

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback