Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Comments

• mrs_lds
    mrs_lds Posts: 4,103
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Forumite
    Our Ryanair flight delayed for 4 hours Edinburgh to stansted due to tech issues. Is resolver the best way forward? Tia
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    mrs_lds wrote: »
    Our Ryanair flight delayed for 4 hours Edinburgh to stansted due to tech issues. Is resolver the best way forward? Tia

No, it can be much quicker to go via the EU261 claim on their website. It is a little hidden so try FAQ's to find it.

Try that first as I was paid out in about 3 weeks when my flight also suffered a tech fault.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • AlexMac
    AlexMac Posts: 2,973
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    If you look at my post #7 on the thread in the link by zagflies, you'll see that it's sometimes almost cheaper to book a package with accommodation (even for only 3 nights within your holiday) by clicking on the "ferry & holiday" button on the BF website when doing a trial booking.

That gives you discount cabin upgrades on board (£15 instead of £150 - odd for a large outside 2/4 berth) and really good value hotels and casa/villas from an enormous selection. You can do multi-site hotels; just choose online then book by phone, but choose any hotel at random for a dummy booking for a price.

And if you are looking at 2019 they have a 20% early booking discount til midnight 18th Sept; and may repeat this- and maybe there are some autumn deals too?

But I agree- the ferry alone deal seems toppy ... unless you're going to Spain in which case you have to balance out what you save on fuel, tolls, and wear n tear on the nerves! (see viamichelin.com for a fuel, toll estimator)
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Morning all, just about to press go on a Brittany Ferry booking, wincing slightly at the cost - first school holidays trip abroad. Does anybody have a discount code they would be willing to share? Thank you!

Hi, we move threads if we think they’ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"]forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Cheaper than short ferry + tolls + fuel + o/night stops, and much more relaxing.
  • Dippy blonde here, posting back as promised. Tried to resubmit my flight delay claim via Ryan Air online form, this time with the correct date, but could not get past the first screen as I “had already submitted a claim for this booking reference number”. Wrote to the customer services director at Ryan Air instead, letter sent by recorded delivery 10/03/18, received apology and confirmation letter from Ryan Air on 12/09/18 via email that claim was accepted and compensation of £444 (250 euros x 2) would be transferred to my bank account within 10 days. I am delighted with this result and indebted to tyzap, colinm and jpsartre for their help along the way.
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thats super news hoovuspoovus:j

We got there in the end:beer:
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,084
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Superb news. Congrats.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Update;

Okay guy's, I opened my claim through Resolver via MSE on the 12th Sept and RA confirmed with a case number the same day. On the 14th I received an e-mail agreeing to my claim and asking for my bank details with a view to paying out under EC Regulation 261/2004.

NB This was for a delayed flight (3hrs+) back in April and as such it had already been vetted and agreed upon by RA. I happen to know this as I had other family onboard who had booked and claimed independently. I will update you, if and when appropriate. Cheers guy's.
  • Oasis1
    Oasis1 Posts: 711
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Dippy blonde here, posting back as promised. Tried to resubmit my flight delay claim via Ryan Air online form, this time with the correct date, but could not get past the first screen as I “had already submitted a claim for this booking reference number”. Wrote to the customer services director at Ryan Air instead, letter sent by recorded delivery 10/03/18, received apology and confirmation letter from Ryan Air on 12/09/18 via email that claim was accepted and compensation of £444 (250 euros x 2) would be transferred to my bank account within 10 days. I am delighted with this result and indebted to tyzap, colinm and jpsartre for their help along the way.

Congrats! :beer:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure