Dla to pip

Comments

• I will definitely get it recorded delivery dont really trust them to say they haven't got it.
    I have started the form now its abit different from the esa.

I have done the drs part and some about tablets i take but i think it might take awhile for the rest. I know how my conditions affect me but trying to explain is hard.

My depression tablets where changed about 5 years ago for amitripyline to mizatpine i went for a tablet review last year and they just leave them the same but i think my pregablin help more.
    I am going to ring drs again tomorrow about the mri report see if they have it yet but they do make you feel bad about asking for it. probably because people need this reports now for claiming benefits. Seems you have to prove every thing to them.

Thanks

Kimberley
  • A update got my appointment today for the 19th of june its been 4 weems since they received my froms back.

Very anxious now
  • I have had a look and its good advice i am just worried because every body says they try to trip you up. I also have problems with memory so cant really remember what i put on it. I hax my esa assessment in march and that seem to be fine but only got a 12 month award which i was happy about last time i got 4 years. But seems that now its going to be constantly form filling and assessments. Probably be a professional soon.

Kim
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,945 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I have had a look and its good advice i am just worried because every body says they try to trip you up. I also have problems with memory so cant really remember what i put on it. I hax my esa assessment in march and that seem to be fine but only got a 12 month award which i was happy about last time i got 4 years. But seems that now its going to be constantly form filling and assessments. Probably be a professional soon.

Kim
    If you kept a copy of the original PIP form you sent back then take a look at this to remind yourself of what you wrote.

Yes, they can sometimes ask you some trick questions, just think carefully before you answer them. They will ask you questions based on those descriptors and how your conditions affect you daily.
  • All done wasnt as bad asbi though but didnt get questions about managing money or planing journeys.

Do u think the dwp sets the questions to answer
  • poppy12345
    All done wasnt as bad asbi though but didnt get questions about managing money or planing journeys.

Do u think the dwp sets the questions to answer
    The questions they ask will mostly depend on how your condition affects you. They are also aimed towards the PIP descriptors.

If you're not claiming for mental health there would have been no reason to ask you the questions, especially for following and planning a journey. If you are claiming for mental health then maybe you sent in enough of evidence not to need to ask you those questions.

Leave it to the beginning of next week then ring DWP to ask for a copy of the assessment report. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be, as they mostly go with that report. It's also handy to have if a decision doesn't go in your favour. Good luck.
  • I wasn't asked any questions regarding my mobility just about washing and preparing food. There was abit about see drs about depression but i dont see any one just on tablets. Dont really know if i feel it went good or bad.
    I will ring them and i was told if i dont hear any thing back in 4 weeks from today to ring them.
  • poppy12345
    I wasn't asked any questions regarding my mobility just about washing and preparing food. There was abit about see drs about depression but i dont see any one just on tablets. Dont really know if i feel it went good or bad.
    I will ring them and i was told if i dont hear any thing back in 4 weeks from today to ring them.
    Following and planning a journey is for mental health and moving around is for physical disabilities.

Did you send in relevant evidence to support your claim?

There's no time scales to decisions. Some wait 2 weeks while others wait 6 weeks or more. It really does depend on the backlog. That report will give you a really good idea on the decision.
  • I didnt sent any thing about my depression they did actually ask if i had ever harm myself or still have times when i do. My depression and anxiety started after being attacked years ago.

My claim was for mobility really i have a mobility car so i would be happy with just that.
    Plus i have a disabled child he gets lower rate mobility but the car helps with him alot.

If they didnt asked about my walking just about my care needs do u think i have sent enough proof about my condition and they are just wanting proof about how i cant do things without help.

Any question theg asked about making meal or preparing food i said i cant because i dont make any. But they asked if i could peel a potato and i said yes. Would being able to peel a potato mean i can prepare a meal.

Thanks
    Kim
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family