Toluna Survey Site not payment problems

Comments

• littlewren
    littlewren Posts: 1,988 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I stopped doing Toluna survey years ago when I found they started doing this, very annoying.
    Money, money, money, must be funny, in the rich man's World!
  • beanandbean
    beanandbean Posts: 128 Forumite
    bouboumum wrote: »
    I think that is a polite way to disqualify. I never believed this fill up messages. Which is still annoying of course.

That's incredibly unfair. Either disqualify me at the start when you're asking the qualifying questions, or don't do it after I've wasted 15 minutes on your survey. Hmph.
  • beanandbean
    beanandbean Posts: 128 Forumite
    littlewren wrote: »
    I stopped doing Toluna survey years ago when I found they started doing this, very annoying.

I think I might get my first voucher and then move onto a different site if this is going to become a regular issue. I'm about half way there, wouldn't want to waste all this (spare) time wasted. Can you recommend any other sites?
  • Huskyrunner
    Huskyrunner Posts: 542 Forumite
    Your best off with toluna imo avoiding anything where the survey reward is plus 1800 points. I used too find this happening too me all the time 20 mins in then booted

I use there app and do the shorter 15 points surveys then the 1500-1800 points ones these have a much better return rate
    debts 16550
    Mortgage 69500
  • I also get annoyed by Toluna you never get that with you.gov but they do not send you many surveys.
  • horsechestnut
    horsechestnut Posts: 1,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 4 November 2016 at 11:57AM
    I have had problems with cashing out my points with Toluna. I have raised queries and they have come to the conclusion that their site no longer accepts my email address; even though it still sends me emails and I can sign in to the site directly using my email address.
    They have asked me to change my email address. Has anyone else has this problem? Or has their site been hacked and people are trying to get my details and my money!!!
    Any help would be appreciated.
  • Flyonthewall
    Flyonthewall Posts: 4,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    If the site had been hacked they'd already have your details or be asking you to confirm current details. A random email address wouldn't be any use to them as it wouldn't be registered on the site.

It wouldn't get them any money. If it had been hacked they'd be changing the payment details to their own and cashing out, not asking for an email address they have no access to.

It sounds like it may be some weird technical issue (maybe one they're not sure how to resolve) and the best solution they can come up with is for you to change the email address and hope that doing so allows you to cash out.
  • Thanks for that Flyonthewall.
    I feel better for the suggestion that it may be a problem that they can't resolve!
    I am not very good with technical stuff and always assume that it is me who has done something wrong.
    It is just that their replies are so basic and unhelpful.
  • Flyonthewall
    Flyonthewall Posts: 4,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks for that Flyonthewall.
    I feel better for the suggestion that it may be a problem that they can't resolve!
    I am not very good with technical stuff and always assume that it is me who has done something wrong.
    It is just that their replies are so basic and unhelpful.

I imagine those that deal with customer service and are replying to you are not the ones who deal with the technical side. Chances are the replies are basic because they're clueless and relying on others (assuming they've passed the issue on, otherwise they might be looking at general issue fixes).

Sometimes systems/sites glitch. They may have resolved the issue but require an email address change for the system to accept it, they may be hoping the change corrects the glitch, they may just have no idea of the issue so they're suggesting that because it's the one simple thing that can be changed. Could be something else. It's impossible to say. All you can do is try a different email address and see if it works.
  • katfish
    katfish Posts: 8 Forumite
    Hi all

I've been doing surveys for a couple of well known survey companies for years. I decided to limit it to these two companies just to manage the number of surveys I receive weekly.

In the last two weeks I've been receiving regular invites to complete surveys for toluna. However, I don't recall ever joining toluna.

I have recently received a survey via survey monkey which is from an organisation I am a member of, so I know that is genuine. However, these invites from toluna seem to have started shortly after I received that.

Do these companies share information, can toluna send me invites without me expressing interest in them, are toluna affiliated with someone else that I might have signed up with, or is there a scam going around using survey company's details to try to get you to click on links in the email?

So far I have deleted all of the emails without following any of the links as I assumed it was either spam or a scam.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure