P.I.P. timescales...

Comments

• Widelats
    Widelats Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    925dancer wrote: »
    I'm still waiting to hear if they want to call me for an appointment (going for an assessment may be a bit difficult). Called DWP end of last week, my form was sent to ATOS on 14th July and they said I should get a letter in the next couple of weeks at the latest.........So two months and I'm not very far forward!

Maybe it depends on which part of the UK you are in, there was hardly anybody at the assessment centre at all, all i saw was a receptionist and i arrived 45 minutes early. Plus, there was a quality control guy sat at the back of the room the whole time, i never heard of this happening before at any assessments.
    Owed out = lots. :cool:
  • Widelats wrote: »
    Maybe it depends on which part of the UK you are in, there was hardly anybody at the assessment centre at all, all i saw was a receptionist and i arrived 45 minutes early. Plus, there was a quality control guy sat at the back of the room the whole time, i never heard of this happening before at any assessments.

I'm in London so I imagine pretty busy.

Not really the same thing but shows how strained services are in my borough, there's a 1 year wait for counselling that I've been referred for. Luckily I will be able to access some services at uni to tide me over in the meantime which will hopefully actually keep my head above water enough to get on with some of my life!
  • Widelats
    Widelats Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    925dancer wrote: »
    I'm in London so I imagine pretty busy.

Not really the same thing but shows how strained services are in my borough, there's a 1 year wait for counselling that I've been referred for. Luckily I will be able to access some services at uni to tide me over in the meantime which will hopefully actually keep my head above water enough to get on with some of my life!

Hope you get it soon then. Good luck.
    Owed out = lots. :cool:
  • wkdboi
    wkdboi Posts: 155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I actually had my assentment cancelled two weeks ago and they haven't phone me to re-arrange, so I don't know whats going on but seems backlog or short staff in Bristol/South Gloucestershire
  • schrodie
    schrodie Posts: 8,410 Forumite
    Widelats wrote: »

How do you know he was a 'quality control guy'?
  • rogerblack
    rogerblack Posts: 9,446 Forumite
    It is interesting to note in a thread about PIP claims on an advisers website, that _no_ adviser has yet seen a decision for PIP on cases other than the terminally ill.
  • rogerblack wrote: »
    It is interesting to note in a thread about PIP claims on an advisers website, that _no_ adviser has yet seen a decision for PIP on cases other than the terminally ill.
    If this happens now with a small number of claims, how can they cope with 2million being assessed from 2015? I can see PIP being delayed again to Indefinate awards.
  • So what does the assssment involve exactly?
  • dodgyfeas wrote: »
    So what does the assssment involve exactly?

It is broadly similar to one for ESA.
    It is not a medical.
    It is an interview, that may involve either 'sneaky questions trying to catch the claimant out' or 'probing questions to assess the nature of the disability' - depending on your viewpoint.

You will not typically, for example be asked 'Do you need supervision, prompting or assistance to be able to manage therapy that takes more than 7 but no more than 14 hours a week' - to take the example of one descriptor.
    A typical day will be asked about.
    The assessor will look at the whole period they can see you, and be assessing all of the factors for PIP.
    Including ones you may not have put down on the form.
    The ideal assessment will both assess the claimants self-reported problems, as well as discover if there are any unreported problems, and generate a report to help the decisionmaker assess the claim along with any other evidence that is supplied.

You can take a friend or someone else who cares for you.
  • im still waiting, 16 weeks along now and still waiting for atos to send info back to pip. has anyone got to the end and a decision yet? im in the north east if that makes any difference
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure