Atrixa's Saving Diaries

Comments

• atrixa
    atrixa Posts: 549 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    The interview went pretty well. Could probably have sold myself more but it's difficult when you're on the spot! I renewed my contents cover today, great level of cover and I got that 2 for 1 cinema ticket deal! Always pays to check the comparison sites.
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hurrah for all your savings. I hope you can get some good running shoes and I hope the interview result is good. :beer:

Enjoy the weather.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • atrixa
    Didn't get that job, but I have another interview on Tuesday. I think i'll see how this one and another application I've done plays out then give myself a break.
  • savingwannabe
    I am sorry about the job. I hope that the next one goes well. Sometimes it isn't you at all it just goes to the candidate they already know. :(

Hope your running is going well. I haven't done anything for weeks and must restart. :o
  • atrixa
    Thanks :) I'm doing my first parkrun tomorrow. I'm quite nervous about it really. I always get anxious over daft things like 'what if I don't know where I'm going'. I'm sure it will be fine- biggest problem will be the heat :/
  • atrixa
    Bagged free cinema tickets with a friend's expiring vouchers. Went to see Incredibles 2 and really enjoyed it! Had another interview today. I was a nervy wreck for some reason. I should hear about that next week. Parkrun went well on Saturday so I'm planning to do another one this weekend. Great atmosphere, and free!
  • savingwannabe
    Hurrah for cinema for free and for parkrun. I think you are nuts in this heat but applaud you. lol
  • atrixa
    Ugh, another disappointment on the job front, but there should be a pay rise on the cards in my current position. Feeling very burned out with the whole process though.
  • savingwannabe
    Glad there will be a pay rise sorry about the job news. It is so hard to put yourself out there and feel judged. At least you are brave enough to have a go. Have a good weekend.
  • atrixa
    So, got my pay rise through :j

I've done some sums and now my house savings end date has gone from May 2022 to September 2021. Hopefully I'll get that down even further after a while :):j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback