local "tick" card - is the debt enforceable?

Options

Comments

• Ergates
    Ergates Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Brigidir wrote: »
    one of the indicators is that they are hesitant on cash only rather than online. off the books so they can pocket it with no deductions. like i said it'll be a matter for HMRC to deal with. i trust they have the expertise to dig further and prosecute

Except they've been happily accepting online payments the whole time you've been in this scheme, and presumably continue to do so for everyone else still in the scheme. It's only *now* for this one payment that they're demanding cash. And they'd still have to make the deduction because the debt would still be listed in whatever online system they're using.

So that doesn't really support your claim does it.
  • Ergates
    Options
    i am reporting illegal activity. how the community feel about that is not of concern to moi here.

No, you're quite clearly just seeking to justify not paying back a debt you owe. You probably came here expecting everyone to back you up and encourage you. Happy to disappoint.
  • Brigidir
    Brigidir Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Ergates wrote: »
    No, you're quite clearly just seeking to justify not paying back a debt you owe. You probably came here expecting everyone to back you up and encourage you. Happy to disappoint.

i dont need to justify myself on a forum lol if i didnt want to pay it back...guess what. i wouldn't pay it back. i certainly dont require your backing or approval on it.

and i know they are fiddling. you are looking at it in black and white. i see color because they are dodgy,, need not i say one of the reasons why but it ends with s
  • boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    i dont need to justify myself on a forum lol if i didnt want to pay it back...guess what. i wouldn't pay it back. i certainly dont require your backing or approval on it.

and i know they are fiddling. you are looking at it in black and white. i see color because they are dodgy,, need not i say one of the reasons why but it ends with s

Where's you evidence?
  • Ergates
    Options

They're dodgy but you were perfectly happy to deal with them until now, which means you've been knowingly going along with their [alleged] tax evasion schemes.

Also, clearly you do need to say more, lots and lots of words end in s.
  • Brigidir
    Brigidir Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Ergates wrote: »
    They're dodgy but you were perfectly happy to deal with them until now, which means you've been knowingly going along with their [alleged] tax evasion schemes.

Also, clearly you do need to say more, lots and lots of words end in s.

its not an offence on my end they're the ones breaking the law. whether i willingly used their services or not.
  • Ergates
    Options
    its not an offence on my end they're the ones breaking the law. whether i willingly used their services or not.

Arguably it *is* an offence - even if it is one that is pretty much impossible to prove. However, what it does mean is that any moral high-ground you're attempting to claim with regards to their alleged illegal behaviour is clearly utterly false, because you were quite happy to go along with it whilst it was convenient to you.

You clearly don't have a problem with people evading tax when it suits you and you're just talking about siccing the HMRC on them out of spite.
  • Sncjw
    Sncjw Posts: 3,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Its theft. You haven!!!8217;t paid for the goods
    Mortgage free wannabe 

Actual mortgage stating amount £75,150

Overpayment start date 1/3/23.

Starting balance £66,565.45

Current balance £63,787.16

• bigisi
    bigisi Posts: 925 Forumite
    Options
    Chavs gonna chav.
  • shiny76
    shiny76 Posts: 548 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    But you did post here seeking reassurance that there could be no legal repercussions so you'd (presumably) already made your mind up about how you wanted to proceed.

You've still not mentioned what site is used to process this credit/payment arrangement. I'm genuinely interested.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure