IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ACE Security Services

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Gosh, OK. Thanks. You can easily see why some people would rather pay the £100 than go through the stress of worrying about a court hearing.
    Kind of, but it grates (a lot!) that people might pay a scam after coming here and learning the truth, and taking comfort from the fact that we see wins reported in some 99% of defended cases, counting all the hundreds of cases fully coached since 2017.

And the six year is nothing special for parking scumbags; anyone has six years in E&W to sue anyone to this is no different from any dispute.

No, you won't definitely get a claim - you know that from fisherjim's link in post #3.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • JamesBro
    JamesBro Posts: 96 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    OK, my NtK has now arrived with the usual threats; saying the charge will increase to £160 in the instance of further action. Two things:

1) I now post the appeal template, yes?

2) Our defence doesn't seem that strong. There apparently was a board saying that there are parking restrictions which was missed by the driver. But it is there.

So I'm confused - are the vast majority of won cases won even with little defence to play with or does it need to be a solid and obvious defence, such as a lack of signage etc?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,567 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    1) I now post the appeal template, yes?
    Yes just send the blue template appeal.
    Send it as it is - without any alteration.
    Send it as the keeper.

2) Our defence doesn't seem that strong. There apparently was a board saying that there are parking restrictions which was missed by the driver. But it is there.
    If the driver didn't see the sign, was that because it wasn't prominent enough?
    Sounds like a good defence to me.
  • Coupon-mad
    No contract/dodgy signs are one of the main winning points of defence. But at this stage you will get a rejection letter, no next step, ignore till court stage after rejection (NO IAS!).
  • JamesBro
    Great, thanks very much.

Stupid question perhaps, but I work for a broadcaster, would it be wise or unwise to send the letter with the broadcaster's logo as a letter head? Would that carry more weight at all? Feeling that that's a stupid question...?
  • KeithP
    Will make no difference.

As CM said, your appeal will be rejected. Don't expect anything else.
  • Coupon-mad
    Hmmm...I would actually do that!
  • JamesBro
    I have applied using the template, to their email provided on their website. But I notice they have all these terms:

Unless there are extenuating circumstances we can only accept an appeal against a Charge Notice from the driver responsible for parking the vehicle at the location prior to the charge notice being issued. By appealing, you confirm you were the driver.

Please provide your name, address, vehicle registration number, Charge Notice reference number and the reason for your appeal.

Should I have appealed in the normal way or adhered to their terms? Hoping it's the former.
  • KeithP
    That is scandalous.

They must accept an appeal from the keeper of the vehicle.

Did you send your appeal as the keeper of the vehicle?
  • JamesBro
    Yes, I sent it as per the blue appeal on the sticky thread. I put my name (as I'm the keeper) and my address on the bottom .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure