Santander 123 Lite offers 5% cashback on mobile payments

Comments

• It is really easy.

Though the first Top Up needs to be made via debit card, future deposits can be made via debit card, bank transfer, or android pay.

Simply open the app on your android smart phone/tablet, press the plus sign in the bottom right hand corner and select top up.

Pick a multiple of £10 for your top up and then select Android Pay at the bottom of the screen.

Select the card you wish to use with your android pay (make sure it is a debit card) and job done! :T

I used it for my TSB 5% cashback :beer:
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,105 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    And you reckon this'll work with Santander Lite? How much money do you think would be taking the mickey?
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    And you reckon this'll work with Santander Lite? How much money do you think would be taking the mickey?

When using a Santander Lite account, I can't think of any advantage of topping up with Android Pay over topping up with a debt card.

Monzo's limits are here: https://community.monzo.com/t/new-limits/7567.

I'd be wary of carrying a large balance on a prepaid card.
  • I'm looking at this Monzo thing. Is it literally as easy as getting a Monzo Card, putting £100 (for example) on it per day via Android Pay for the next 70 days, and earning £350 cashback? Is it that simple? Obviously I'll end up with £7k on my Monzo Card, but I could just spend that over the next year or wait for them to do current accounts.

Or you could withdraw it as cash at the ATM and pay back into your 123 Lite account immediately. You'll be a bit cross if you go to that effort for next 70 days and then they don't honour the transfer as goods or services though.
  • Or you could withdraw it as cash at the ATM and pay back into your 123 Lite account immediately. You'll be a bit cross if you go to that effort for next 70 days and then they don't honour the transfer as goods or services though.

Correction - you can only withdraw £1,000 or £2,000 per month apparently, depending on your status.
  • surreysaver
    So is a Monzo Card like a debit card - could I use it to pay into my Post Office savings?
  • pantaiema
    pantaiema Posts: 183 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    karlie88 wrote: »
    Monzo and Revolut - aka prepaid debit cards. ;)

If done correctly, you could earn hundreds of pounds in cashback.

Would you please explain it how? Or probably link explaining this cashbook. Thanks
  • surreysaver
    edited 21 July 2017 at 11:39AM
    pantaiema wrote: »
    Would you please explain it how? Or probably link explaining this cashbook. Thanks

See post #22

Just got to figure out a way to get the money off the Monzo Card. The Post Office Savings account only accepts Switch or Visa payments, not Mastercard (which the Monzo Card is).
  • pantaiema
    pantaiema Posts: 183 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    See post #22

Just got to figure out a way to get the money off the Monzo Card. The Post Office Savings account only accepts Switch or Visa payments, not Mastercard (which the Monzo Card is).

I stil get confused how doe it work. From post#22 I understand the £10 top up

1. Open the app on the android smart phone/tablet, press the plus sign in the bottom right hand corner and select top up.

2. Pick a multiple of £10 for your top up and then select Android Pay at the bottom of the screen.

3. Select the card you wish to use with your android pay (make sure it is a debit card) and job done! :T

4. I used it for my TSB 5% cashback

Do you get the cahsback from Monzo or from TSB?
    Does this actualy mean you get the cashback becuase of TSB 5% debitcard consider it as a contactless purchase. If it was the as then people without TSB plus account or already have it for a while are our of luck ??
  • surreysaver
    TSB pays the cashback (not that I've got a TSB account - just reading others' posts of how it works).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure