Lendable.co.uk anyone heard of?

Comments

• CHR15
    CHR15 Posts: 5,193 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    !!!!!! is a self certified sophisticated investor?
  • CHR15 wrote: »

Well if you certify yourself it saves a medical professional getting involved.

:rotfl:
    If you go down to the woods today you better not go alone.
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    CHR15 wrote: »

A self-certified sophisticated investor is an individual who has signed a statement in the form prescribed in Part II (Statement for certified sophisticated investor) of Schedule 5 to the Financial Promotion Order.

http://fshandbook.info/FS/html/handbook/PERG/8/14

As in this one;
    http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2005/1529/schedule/5/made
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Antrobus OK but if you were in the market to invest in a P2P company the chances of you finding that are I guess small, why nothing in any financial publication? ( That I can see )....

I have no idea as to how Lendable is marketing itself.

...I am still not happy to either lend or borrow when the company appears to be run from someone's flat.....

But it seems to be a very smart someone's flat. The business appears to be run by Martin Kissinger; first in economics from LSE, Mphil from Oxford.

P.S. Didn't Bill Gates start in his garage?
    ...Even scammers come up with an office address.

A serviced office address is a way of hiding. At least you know where this guy lives.:)
  • Okay, An update and to hopefully clear it up.

My fiancee has been accepted, which was last night previous to me making this thread, and has recieved the money from Lendable, £4000. APR is charged at 6.8%, with a £200 fee being added to the loan amount which is repayed during the loan term and factored into the above APR.

Everything seems legit and she is happy. If anyone is sat on the fence on this one, they seem a legit trustworthy p2p site providing you get accepted.

Posted this as i to was unaware of Lendable and the lack of reviews due to them being a startup company, But everythings fine and i have read the agreement and tc's shes recieved.

Hope this helps any lurkers, and thanks for the responses guys, i needed clarification in my own mind on what others had to say.

Regards,
  • Hi,
    Just wanted to know how the loan is going with Lendable. I am considering it and cannot see any reviews. I have sent emails back and forth and they have been really responsive and seem professional. I will really appreciate some peace of mind on this company. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 31 August 2015 at 7:04PM
    Liberty76 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just wanted to know how the loan is going with Lendable. I am considering it and cannot see any reviews. I have sent emails back and forth and they have been really responsive and seem professional. I will really appreciate some peace of mind on this company. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Why are you considering them ?

What amount are you looking to borrow ?
  • dealer_wins
    dealer_wins Posts: 7,334 Forumite
    Liberty76 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Thanks

As a borrower why would you care if they are reputable lol
  • smun04
    smun04 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Be warned --- I burnt my fingers with them .... settled the account in full after two months as they add a large sum to your capital
  • AndyPix
    AndyPix Posts: 4,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    antrobus wrote: »
    I have no idea as to how Lendable is marketing itself.

On here by the looks of it ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport