12-24 weeks pregnant (part 4)

Options

Comments

• moneypenny21
    moneypenny21 Posts: 502 Forumite
    Options
    Surely it just depends how close you are? If it were my best friends who we see all the time I would feel differently but we don't see them often and I can't see them being bothered. If my son/daughter had a name in the most popular names then I'd think it was likely that someone else might also pick it in fact someone I know quite well did have the same name as my DD but it was kind of inevitable as its a reasonably popular name.

If my son/daughter had a really unique name and my friend used the same, I'd probably feel differently. I just don't like any boy names as much as the one we had picked out for DD and was gutted when they name their son that!
  • ThinkPink
    ThinkPink Posts: 893 Forumite
    Options
    I think it would depend how good a friend they are. If it's a very popular name then I don't see how they can be that surprised that someone else they know names their child the same.

I've just been looking at top 100 names and I had said to oh his girls choice is too common, but it's actually right towards the end! Our boys name is in the middle. Having grown up with a very unusual first name I am torn towards giving my child a more known name, and giving them a name that makes them feel a bit unique!
  • ThinkPink
    edited 5 March 2016 at 8:24PM
    Options
    DO NOT DELETE - To update this list, quote the post and remove the quote boxes ***

Recent graduates (who are still welcome!):
    euronorris - 19th June 2016
    skintbuthappy81- 15th June 2016
    Toots14 - 9th June 2016,
    lulu 92 - 8th May 2016,
    khal327 - 10th May 2016,
    Lemon tree - 24th May 2016,
    kroberts - 13th April 2016
    me-charlotte - 17th March 2016
    Sweetilemon - 14th March 2016
    LittleMoog - 14 March 2016
    littlesnuggy - 10th March 2016
    Bean83 - 10 March 2016

Current list:

1. Goodvibes - 14th July 2016, 20 week scan 26th February
    2. Gelly123 - 15th July 2016, 20 week scan 29th February
    3. Becca0417 - 20th July 2016, 20 week scan 4th March
    4. flutterbyuk25 - 26th July 2016, 20 week scan 10th March
    5. Tatabubbly - 27th July 2016, 20 week scan
    6. rinroo - 6th August 2016, 20 week scan 22nd March
    7. Jtr2803 - 13th August 2016, 20 week scan 4th April
    8.Crazy-cat-lady - 30th August 2016, 20 week scan 13th April
    9.ThinkPink- 12th September 16, 20 week scan 29th april
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,997 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    prawn crackers and choc orange digestives for breakfast because that is what the inhabitant wants.. I think its having a growth spurt!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • ThinkPink
    Options
    So today we told both sets of parents and my Nan. I so wanted to tell people and we got great reactions, but I now feel like we have this added pressure that it all needs to go ok!

Been getting the odd pain today, I'm sure it's just everything stretching, but it still makes me worry that something is going wrong. Think I'm going to go mad over the next few weeks until the midwife appointment!!
  • crazy-cat-lady_2
    Options
    Sorry for dragging the tone down a bit here ladies. Bit of a personal question. I know it's normal to get a bit..erm..bunged up trying to go to the loo. What is anyone's suggestion about what to take?
    I'm in boots in the airport now, done our first flight, facing a 12 hour flight and another 8 hours afterwards. So was hoping for it to be a comfy one. But my room mate decided that these last few days and now was the time to make things awkward.
    Any tips on what I can pick up and try would be appreciated! I know in the states I can get gummi Bears that are very high fibre supplements. I'm thinking I might get a giant jar of those.
    Book a week challenge: 11/52. Competitions won in 2021: 12
  • pigpen
    Options
    Sorry for dragging the tone down a bit here ladies. Bit of a personal question. I know it's normal to get a bit..erm..bunged up trying to go to the loo. What is anyone's suggestion about what to take?
    I'm in boots in the airport now, done our first flight, facing a 12 hour flight and another 8 hours afterwards. So was hoping for it to be a comfy one. But my room mate decided that these last few days and now was the time to make things awkward.
    Any tips on what I can pick up and try would be appreciated! I know in the states I can get gummi Bears that are very high fibre supplements. I'm thinking I might get a giant jar of those.

gummi bears are not high fibre.. they are high sorbitol.. an artificial sweetener they use so they can say 'sugar free' it is what they put in sweets marked for diabetics but it has an agressive laxative effect. Check out the Amazon reviews!! Some are hilarious. http://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Sugar-Free-Gummy-Bears/product-reviews/B008JELLCA

Lactulose IF you can tolerate it, it nearly kills me.. it is also an artificial sugar .. I'd just eat the diabetic sweets tbh.. 3 or 4 satsumas usually kick starts things for me.. but is usually accompanied by tummy ache. Syrup of figs works too and has nutrients and is natural products. If you are heading to foreign parts it may be worth asking the local pharmacist what they advise.

And.. drink more! Faeces sat in the colon has water reabsorbed from it making it harder to pass.
  • crazy-cat-lady_2
    Options
    pigpen wrote: »
    gummi bears are not high fibre.. they are high sorbitol.. an artificial sweetener they use so they can say 'sugar free' it is what they put in sweets marked for diabetics but it has an agressive laxative effect. Check out the Amazon reviews!! Some are hilarious. http://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Sugar-Free-Gummy-Bears/product-reviews/B008JELLCA

Lactulose IF you can tolerate it, it nearly kills me.. it is also an artificial sugar .. I'd just eat the diabetic sweets tbh.. 3 or 4 satsumas usually kick starts things for me.. but is usually accompanied by tummy ache. Syrup of figs works too and has nutrients and is natural products. If you are heading to foreign parts it may be worth asking the local pharmacist what they advise.

And.. drink more! Faeces sat in the colon has water reabsorbed from it making it harder to pass.

Thanks. I've had so much to drink I swear I'm 99% water. The gummi Bears aren't the sugar free ones. They're a special one you but from a pharmacy in America that are supposed to get lots of fibre into kids. I've heard and seen the scary stories about the sugar free ones. They would clear anyone out. But not in a pleasant way. These are a two bear a day type thing.
    Book a week challenge: 11/52. Competitions won in 2021: 12
  • flutterbyuk25
    flutterbyuk25 Posts: 7,009 Forumite
    Options
    Everytime I got out of bed last night/this morning I've had horrible hip/pelvic pain :( I hope this isn't the start of PGP/SPD. Weirdly it was a different type of pain to what I've had in hip last few nights. I have Drs appt Friday so will bring it up then.

Yesterday we had my family over, which included my 14month old nephew. He is just about walking now, it was a lovely afternoon and gave me a sense of what is to come! It was also adorable watching my OH interact with him :D.

OH got me a lovely Mum-to-be Mother's Day card too, all by himself with no prompting from anyone!

I need to ring and try to change my 20 wk scan appt again today! Wish me luck!
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • pigpen
    Options
    Having my own personal pity-party today.. if anyone wants an invite ;)

*snip*

posted a long whinge.. then decided you dont need to hear it.. :)

*tired tired tired*

Flutter.. could it be sciatica if the inhabitant is laid on a nerve ? I had it with a couple of mine and weirdly with DD1 I just had a pain in the top of my foot.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business