Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• mrsmac10
    mrsmac10 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Options
    A little personal rant.

I am in the process of being diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, a part of the Autistic "Spectrum". About 1% of the population are on the spectrum, Asperger's is obviously far rarer, some estimates are from 0.1% or fewer. Aspeerger;s has now also been classified as HFA, High-Functioning Autism.

A major trait of Autism is the difficulty in social interaction and inability to read people. Also the most obvious signs to others are behavioural issues and melt downs caused by sensory overload.
    Yet Autism is just a small [art of other disabled minorities that have difficulties in communication and making themselves known.

Sorry, going a bit too in depth. My issue is that a very vocal and socially adept minority seems to be taking over all the minority coverage by the media and government.
    I have no issues with any minorities, we all need some sort of voice and assistance in teaching the general population about ourselves and our diversities and our ability to give something back to society.

I just think that the LGBT etc groups appear to have taken up 90% of attention, due to their ability to communicate and be loud.

As previously been mentioned I am on the "Spectrum" which is represented by the colour spectrum, which I think is appropriate, yet this image and others, along with certain words, like "Pride" have been snatched and taken for their own.
    It would be nice if attention was given to others less fortunate in the ability to make themselves known, and not attention given to those who would probably turn it into an issue if they were ignored.

Sorry for the rant, I just feel frustrated at times that there are so many out there who cannot speak out for themselves, I am one of the lucky ones who can, up to a point. But I do fall down a lot in the fact that people interpret what I say/type in a way I did not intend it to be.
    anyhoo,
    O3 Thornie Ice Cream still available.

Sorry you are frustrated I did try to PM you but my request to send was denied

I don't know enough about any of this to pass comment as such but agree those on the spectrum are not generally loud or heard

Take care
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I got one of the £3.75 slowcookers from Mr T today, no SEL in ours so quite a few there :D
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • pandoraskids
    pandoraskids Posts: 899 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    A little personal rant.

I am in the process of being diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, a part of the Autistic "Spectrum". About 1% of the population are on the spectrum, Asperger's is obviously far rarer, some estimates are from 0.1% or fewer. Aspeerger;s has now also been classified as HFA, High-Functioning Autism.

A major trait of Autism is the difficulty in social interaction and inability to read people. Also the most obvious signs to others are behavioural issues and melt downs caused by sensory overload.
    Yet Autism is just a small [art of other disabled minorities that have difficulties in communication and making themselves known.

Sorry, going a bit too in depth. My issue is that a very vocal and socially adept minority seems to be taking over all the minority coverage by the media and government.
    I have no issues with any minorities, we all need some sort of voice and assistance in teaching the general population about ourselves and our diversities and our ability to give something back to society.

I just think that the LGBT etc groups appear to have taken up 90% of attention, due to their ability to communicate and be loud.

As previously been mentioned I am on the "Spectrum" which is represented by the colour spectrum, which I think is appropriate, yet this image and others, along with certain words, like "Pride" have been snatched and taken for their own.
    It would be nice if attention was given to others less fortunate in the ability to make themselves known, and not attention given to those who would probably turn it into an issue if they were ignored.

Sorry for the rant, I just feel frustrated at times that there are so many out there who cannot speak out for themselves, I am one of the lucky ones who can, up to a point. But I do fall down a lot in the fact that people interpret what I say/type in a way I did not intend it to be.
    anyhoo,
    O3 Thornie Ice Cream still available.

Ah, bless you BH - my ds has Asperger's so I quite understand your frustration x
    Pandora's Little Sister 30/11/17 x
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Options
    Did anyone else order any beers in the Sparks preview, check the BB dates. One of our boxes was OOD. :eek:

What was going to be cheap beer might now be free beer. :beer: Couldn't be replaced as now OOS so hopefully going to get refund, had to send pics as proof...

Can't fault the customer service :T, Mr TS was happy to keep it anyway as he really wanted to try this particular one.
  • Tinyshoes
    Options
    Yay it's finally raining. :j:j:j

Proper rain too.
  • Tinyshoes
    Options
    Have this urge to go and stand out in it as it's been that long. :rotfl:

All the water butts were empty including the huge ibcs Mr TS has well I think that is what they are called.

Glad I didn't put a wash on in the end today, don't think it was forecast.
  • Tinyshoes
    Options
    Oh that was it. :( Blue sky on the horizon again.
  • Tinyshoes
    Options
    Priority moments, family ticket in August for Country file at Blenheim Palace, quick as low stock.
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    Yay it's finally raining. :j:j:j

Proper rain too.

We got wall to wall sunshine, its 28c here. sooo hot again.
  • Clipstrip_Bargains
    Options
    Thanks Tinyshoes - managed a family ticket
    I say "THANKS" to posts that make me smile - Oh and really good glitches.:j
    Good things come to those who wait:A Bad things come on express delivery:(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts