I can do this!

Comments

• I'm enjoying your diary! Here to subscribe :)
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Rant coming up!!! (please take as slightly tongue in cheek - I love the subject of my rant very very much and wouldn't swap her for the world!)

Darling Daughter... age 7, going on 17. Cripes! The attitude and answering back has come out in full effect! I've checked the child manuals that we are all conned into buying upon the arrival of our firstborns, in our lost hope cause of becoming "the perfect parents". There is no bloody mention of the "sassy sixes", the "snippy sevens" or even the "fickle fives" in any of them! ANY! I feel like I have a good case for a refund because I think these are pretty important things that as parents we should be pre-warned about! I will grant you we'd probably never had had them if we'd truly had an inkling of what they'd be like...

Anyway Demon Dungaree-wearer has started not only whining like a man with a hernia, she then proceeds to sulk like I have told her she may never breathe air again, not that pudding is NOT a human right and should not be expected each and every sodding meal! And no I DON'T care what Snooty Sofie at school has (apart from huge knickers!!! I can see exactly WHY you shouldn't have a pudding every meal let alone every day!). So now the Dreadful Dweeb has decided I am Evil (yes with capital E) and refuses to co-operate on anything without a full international court in session! Seriously argh!

Last night there were tears from the Detestable Dimwit because Evil Cat (definitely deserves the capital! He IS evil...) scratched her. Harsh you say? Yeah maybe, but everyone knows Evil Cat forgets he has claws (he totally does not forget... git) and she decided to carry him around anyway, ignoring my half hearted "put that beast down! You know he's not nice!". Sure enough 30 seconds later Evil Cat decided to investigate other forms of amusement and extricated himself from Doe-eyed Doophus... this involved claws, a ginormous scratch (about 1 cm... 1/2 inch if you're old!) and squeals of anguish and through snot and tears the request for a plaster immediately lest the limb may require amputation as a result in the imminent future...

This obviously led to more sulking as I deemed it "not worthy" of a much treasured Disney Plaster ("need blood; no blood, no Mickey") and it was at this point I not only poured my second glass of wine but also accepted there was no chance of getting the Dirty Dingbat into her Sunday night bath...

After significant shouting and threats and crying (mine... "please for the love of everything go to bed and brush your teeth, no not in that order! Please go!") it finally ascended to bed - still sulking.

I'm no morning person so having not only been dragged out of dream land (mmmmmm Ryan Reynolds...) somewhat abruptly by Husbeast leaving early and radiators gargling an out of tune symphony ("!!!!!! will you bleed the damn things! It's been over a month since the heating went back on!") I poked the child who proudly announced she had chicken pox and would need to stay home. Oh no you don't! More sulking followed, what was "pox" turned out to be flea bites (note to buy more spot ons for the cats) from where the Doctor Doolittle had decided against ALL parental instruction to leave her bedroom door open and one of the 4 Cats of the Apocalypse had snoozed happily the day before and left a little visitor.
    Demands for anithistamine cream were met with a blank parental look as I frankly couldn't work out where I might have stashed that so Sudocreme was sold as the real deal (she's going to end up in therapy for trust issues...) before finally dressing and leaving the house. Without her glasses (ARGH!) and sulking that I wouldn't let her have pudding for lunch at school... Apparently I'm nasty and I don't care and Snooty Sophie will have both chocolates and crisps at school in her lunch and I'm so mean...

Gosh I just love being a mum some days *sigh*
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    MrsTinks that just had me in absolute stitches. Thank you for cheering up my afternoon :rotfl:
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • MrsTinks
    kirtsypoos wrote: »
    MrsTinks that just had me in absolute stitches. Thank you for cheering up my afternoon :rotfl:

Glad it cheered up your day LOL I should probably start writing again... it's good therapy hahaha:rotfl:
    DFW Nerd #025

• EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 14 November 2016 at 4:41PM
    What Kirtsypoos said! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Out of interest, was it the manuals you wanted a refund on....or the child?! :D
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • MrsTinks
    What Kirtsypoos said! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Out of interest, was it the manuals you wanted a refund on....or the child?! :D

I checked the refund policy on the child and apparently there isn't any possibility of return or refund. Must bear this in mind if anyone starts babbling at me about number two at any point... I'd have way more rights on a used car from Dodgy Darrens Used Cars...

So definitely the manuals!

(Lying weasels those authors!:mad:)
    DFW Nerd #025

• MrsTinks
    Suuuuuuure - pesky moronic teef... just evict one of my fillings why don't you. I mean it's not like I had better things to do and spend money on than ANOTHER dentist visit so soon... I knew I had to go back for some minor work, THIS was not on my list you annoying blasted gits!

In other news: Husbeast is away till late for business - so I had a fab dinner of left over beef from last night, washed down with 2 day opened wine. Three of the Cats of the apocalypse decided they would quite like some beef too - they're not appearing fussed about the fermented grape juice - thank god!

Alas this has meant a rather rapid, one side chewed, dinner whilst fending off the Lords of the Manor! It would appear that this was NOT the desired outcome and I am now being sulked a by not only the Demented Destroyer, who is sulking in bed after a shower and removal of 2 plasters on her knees, (She fell over at school, ripping yet another pair of tights, has the worlds smallest scrape, but Nursey has applied a plaster the size of a small country to each knee...it would appear this has NOT eliminated the possibility of amputation if the way she limped on BOTH bloody legs is anything to go by... SEE!!!*slightly smug*) but now 3 Beasts of Beelzebub are also hating on me...

I spy the likely opening of another bottle of wine in the very near future...

Beast 1 and Beast 4 are currently growling at each other, possibly discussing the plans for killing me later in the hope of obtaining any further beef hidden about my person, probably they will settle for chewing on my wine soaked flesh... Evil Minions! Beast 2 has decided this is too much effort, whilst he'd not turn down chewing on my fleshy backside, he's not willing to get involved actively in my demise. I guess I should take that as a win...
    Beast 3 is not home yet, no doubt when he returns he'll attempt to knock over my mummy juice and cause crying and me eyeing up the vodka instead...
    DFW Nerd #025

• MrsTinks
    Looks like my debt will have gone up a little this month, shall have to wait and see how much! But I have paid the car insurance upfront, had a holiday, cars MOT, motor bike insurance, bought an investment print (the one that has already gone up in value lol) and a few bits and pieces... All in all the print was mainly paid for by my savings with only a little extra from my planned over payment money - waiting wasn't an option (it sold out on the day after release...) so I'm happy I got it when I did.

I know people will be confused, but right now if I sold all my investment pieces and a couple of other bits like my 2 air rifles at second hand rates then I would have savings in the bank. My debts are all at 0% so instead of having money in the bank (which I can promise you I would spend on things that WON'T appreciate!) I can gradually reduce my cards and then close all bar 2 (it's a security blanket for me...) and know I've saved the value of these pieces...

It doesn't work for everyone, but it works in my world :)

The increase in the Debenhams debt should be minimal in all fairness and I still have £300 in savings for emergencies before I would need to look at any credit cards...
    DFW Nerd #025

• MrsTinks
    Because I'm bored I decided to play about with numbers today... as you do... (don't get me wrong i have a stack of work to do but NO desire to do it...)

Statement of Affairs and Personal Balance Sheet

Household Information

Number of adults in household........... 2
    Number of children in household......... 1
    Number of cars owned.................... 2

Monthly Income Details

Monthly income after tax................ 2388.79
    Partners monthly income after tax....... 0
    Benefits................................ 0
    Other income............................ 0
    Total monthly income.................... 2388.79

Monthly Expense Details

Mortgage................................ 0
    Secured/HP loan repayments.............. 311
    Rent.................................... 0
    Management charge (leasehold property).. 0
    Council tax............................. 0
    Electricity............................. 0
    Gas..................................... 0
    Oil..................................... 0
    Water rates............................. 0
    Telephone (land line)................... 0
    Mobile phone............................ 76.09
    TV Licence.............................. 0
    Satellite/Cable TV...................... 0
    Internet Services....................... 0
    Groceries etc. ......................... 200
    Clothing................................ 30 (Actually about spot on this month! I bought new jeans and a bra but used vouchers for nearly all bar about £30!)
    Petrol/diesel........................... 200
    Road tax................................ 11.37
    Car Insurance........................... 34.91
    Car maintenance (including MOT)......... 20 (due tomorrow - cross fingers it passes without any work needed! it's the first MOT so I'm hopeful!)
    Car parking............................. 0
    Other travel............................ 0
    Childcare/nursery....................... 300
    Other child related expenses............ 168
    Medical (prescriptions, dentist etc).... 0
    Pet insurance/vet bills................. 55.52
    Buildings insurance..................... 0
    Contents insurance...................... 0
    Life assurance ......................... 30
    Other insurance......................... 50
    Presents (birthday, christmas etc)...... 25
    Haircuts................................ 0
    Entertainment........................... 0
    Holiday................................. 0
    Emergency fund.......................... 0
    Total monthly expenses.................. 1511.89

Assets

Cash.................................... 0
    House value (Gross)..................... 0
    Shares and bonds........................ 0
    Car(s).................................. 0
    Other assets............................ 0
    Total Assets............................ 0

Secured & HP Debts

Description....................Debt......Monthly...APR
    Mortgage...................... 0........(0)........0
    Hire Purchase (HP) debt ...... 10080....(311)......4
    Total secured & HP debts...... 10080.....-.........-

Unsecured Debts
    Description....................Debt......Monthly...APR
    Picture........................1880......111.......0
    MBNA...........................7636.52...80........0
    Debenhams......................1450......0.........0 Yup that one has gone up - BUT I still have about £1100 in my current account (ish) and anything left at the end of the month will get thrown at this one. It won't clear it but it should with any luck take the best part of a grand off...
    Total unsecured debts..........10966.52..191.......-

Monthly Budget Summary

Total monthly income.................... 2,388.79
    Expenses (including HP & secured debts). 1,511.89
    Available for debt repayments........... 876.9
    Monthly UNsecured debt repayments....... 191
    Amount left after debt repayments....... 685.9

Created using the SOA calculator at https://www.stoozing.com.
    Reproduced on Moneysavingexpert with permission, using other browser.
    DFW Nerd #025

• Sometimes a bit of playing about with figures is just what's needed, isn't it. I've tried and failed to make an SOA that actually works, for the way we work our money, much as I'd like to it just never quite makes any sense. I suppose in theory I could do it by excluding each of our actual personal spending budget and just using the joint account figures though...hmmm...food for thought there!

Your investing thing - in real terms (or at least in MSE terms!) it's effectively stoozing with solid objects, isn't it. And all the more so as you're using the 0% cards the way you are. Seems like a win on all counts, to me! :T
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business