Millionaire Challenge

Comments

• Looks like I have the day off officially :beer:

email received from Tutor

Well enjoy hols and stop doing work there is work going on with moodle and they are changing a couple of things when I'm in work tomorrow I shall check and email you back
    Enjoy
    See you soon
    Lindsay

:T :D
  • LL so glad the funeral went well and lots of old friends were able to be there.

Hello DT I remember you from somewhere! Sorry to hear of your troubles. Reading your story, when I got to the bit where your Mum died I thought you were going to say you had inherited her share of the house and no longer had to pay back the loan so all was going to be OK, so I was a bit shocked at the outcome - what happened there?

KC hope you had a nice day out and hope you are starting to get some energy back.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    ... so I have had to apply for another CC :mad: not quite what I imagined in the millionaire plan and the worry about it all was making me grumpy so I did it and application granted no wonder it is so easy to get into debt :( it is 0% for 29 months so hopefully house will be sold by then if not we do have a plan B but it is not one I really want to do and is definitely last resort. The good news is the card will be a purple one
    You must be *so* disappointed with that :( I've never thought to ask before, DT, but do you grow any of your own food? Even a few salad crops in a 99p bag of compost can save you pounds ... I know its more work, but what I *do* do outside, I find really therapeutic, I enjoy it much more than the equivalent of housework or whatever :rotfl:
    Hope your seaside trip went well KC and that you got some cat photos lots of cats here shame OH is allergic to them. We are off to the beach tomorrow we are hoping it will be quiet as most children will have left to go back to school.
    It was lovely, thanks! I went with my sister, and we ended up in Bexhill - a dual-seat electric wheelchair was the most amazing sight, apart from the fairly newly renovated De La Warr Pavilion, where we had a cuppa tea :) we both picked up lots of oyster shells from the beach - they flake really easily, and turn into lots of mineral nutrients for the soil in my garden - if I have to stay here for a while, its going to have *wonderful* soil :D I bet there's some seaweed on your beaches that could do the same job, DT :D

No puddycat photos - I took a couple of shots of household ceramics (okay, chimney pots :p) but it was so blowy I'm fairly sure they came out badly. Still fun tho.
    troglodyte wrote: »
    KC hope you had a nice day out and hope you are starting to get some energy back.
    Hi trog! Gorgeous day, yes, and great to start speaking openly with my sister about plotting for retirement, though she's in a fantastic position financially compared to me. I was really, really tired by walking/staggering in the wind, very cold, very tired - all I've done since then is eat and watch tv ... got to be careful. I'm starting to feel a little bit recovered, so I may go out and assess how my newly planted chives are coping.

My kitchen table is still clear for the beginnings of physical design tomorrow (buttons, beads, a burst bag of flour to play with dough figures that can be photographed and used in a range of designs, stuff like that), stuff to be sold on Amazon is now in the office by the computer so its easy to list ... going to have a pootle around mse just now, and then make sure I get some fresh air, but no physical work, I don't think that would help me.

DT - like your instructor says, use that pool while you've got it! I know you want to get cracking on the units, but ....

LL - I hope today is being kind to you.

trog - I can't remember your millionairedom plans :o be a star and do an update :D

Good remainder-of-the-weekend all :beer:
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Listerbelle
    Listerbelle Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post

Not the best couple of days after logging into banking yesterday and lots of sums I realised that what I thought was going to be tight is in fact probably impossible very little guaranteed income until beginning of November means that relying on possible income just wasn't realistic so I have had to apply for another CC

DTxx

Sorry to hear about this.

Do you earn any online income? There are various threads on different ways, that do work and do payout.

Some ideas here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5048767

I get around 30 quid a week from Bubblews, 20 quid a month from Ciao. 20 quid a month from Swagbucks. 5 quid a month from Clixsense (some people make this daily!)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4924807
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4856554
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4934373

Best wishes
    Your biggest asset is TIME! I'm focused on multi-generational financial freedom.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Listerbelle, I'd heard of bubblews, that sounds an amazing amount!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Listerbelle
    Listerbelle Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Listerbelle, I'd heard of bubblews, that sounds an amazing amount!

Yes - and some people earn even more despite having full-time jobs. My laptop is slow; this is my current limiting factor when it comes to Bubblews. I am extra fast if I use my husband's work laptop :)
    Your biggest asset is TIME! I'm focused on multi-generational financial freedom.
  • Just popping on to send my love to LL. xx
  • Thanks for the replies yes Troglodyte we have met before in DFW which in truth is where I should be now but I can't face it would feel like I was starting all over again thankfully my debt is nowhere near what is when then but as I am tackling all things together I am happy here if you will have me. Most of the debt is 0% so will just tick over for the moment the rest will be cleared pronto but I want to do it differently this time and not just concentrate on debt but also start to build income streams just concentrating on debt is a little depressing :( I need to build a secure future.

Re Mom Troglodyte. Story is we needed a bigger house so she could live with us so she loaned us the extra interest free she wanted to write it off but I felt that would be stealing from my siblings as she did not have a lot else never thought it would be a problem but of course they were bury my head in the sand days she lived with us 17 years in total and now payment time has come so I paid it just before we came away as it was another worry holding me back but financially it could not have come at a worse time and emotionally I was still reeling from the death of my little foster son so although she was 98 and it was to be expected it was unexpected in the sense that she wasn't ill but at least I have no regrets and she went the way she wanted to at home.

Listerbelle I used to do lots of extra money making things free bingo, surveys, mystery shopping etc. but it got to a point where the time spent was not worth the reward but obviously things have moved on and there are new things to try so I will look into it certainly whilst we have no placements, once we have children things tend to be a bit full on and then I have to prioritise.

KC I don't grow stuff :o I know I should but I am afraid I see the garden now as a burden not a pleasure or a money making area even have a languishing greenhouse. Another area I will have to reassess did try to get someone else to use it for a share of the crop but no one was interested and I need to be careful who I approach because of fostering head hangs in shame

DTxx
  • Kayalana99
    Kayalana99 Posts: 3,626 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    It goes really quiet here and then all of a sudden no one shuts up ;) lol.

I've been so busy these last few days, usually (I'm sad I know but not much to do with two little kids who just want to pull my hair :( ) I check the forums 3-4 times a day out of boredem but now I am barely keeping up with what is going on and I'm to tired to process all this!!

Hoping to start getting money in soon with my latest project...I need to buy a few more bits to play with and I can start advertising with the hope to sell...fingers crossed for me!! I have so much planned for the next few weeks but it's all time ....

Need to keep a tight rein on the cash flow though as I took out £150 out of my pay pal to my bank today ONLY because my bank balance was getting lower and lower and I wanted to make it look better........*sighs* I think I just need to spend less then £10 more to get started on the actual product samples to advertise... but will need to get them from town.

Right...next thing on my list SLEEP.
    People don't know what they want until you show them.
  • OOps sorry Kay that would be me hope the little ones gave you a lie in xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure