Worldwide Marketing Solutions / Worldwideems con? Beware!

Comments

• Hi Everyone,

Just to update you all, I phoned my bank today Santander, who have been very helpful. I explained the situation that Net Search Media were posing as Google when selling to potential customers and that their service was not as described. I explained that I wished to cancel my visa debit card, as I feared they would continue to take unauthorised payments from my bank account. They then immediately offered to contact Visa to see if I could make a claim, after waiting a few minutes I was told that I would receive a declaration to sign by post then the total amount will be refunded to my bank account!

[FONT=&quot]I hope this may help others here in the same situation, it seems Visa is taking online fraud very seriously.
    [/FONT]
  • That's good but be aware that net search media have something like 40 days to appeal against the decision and if they do you may still lose the money (although I hope not). I'm in the same situation having had money refunded to me by my card company about three weeks ago...fingers crossed. Incidentally I wrote a detailed letter to Google's legal department but I did not get a reply.
  • Now this shower of con men now pretend to be "facebook" I notice their website's disclaimer which is at the very bottom manages to hide the word "Facebook" (although it is splattered everywhere else to add to an illusion they wish to create) it does this by having most of the disclaimer in white on green but the word "facebook" is white on white. It is impossible to read it unless you highlight the full text then it shows up. I would imagine that any court of law would see this as deception thus invalidating the contract which is based on that website.

Furthermore I notice they offer web design as part of their package - if the website designed for any client is as bad as their own, which not only contains white on white text but spelling errors (which as the misspelt words exist are not picked up by spellcheckers) Spell checkers are considered artificial intelligence but are no match for natural stupidity! So anyone finding errors in their website design could contend it is "not fit for purpose" and claim a refund.

I haven't been conned out of money, and sympathise with those who have, but have been pestered, annoyed, insulted, mocked and threatened by their telephone sales personnel when I have mentioned I am TSP (Telephone Preference Service) registered and shouldn't have been phoned. I have reported this company to the TPS but don't expect much action - next step is the ICO.
  • I'm another embarrassed victim. They phoned me last December claiming to be from Google and offered me one months trial for £99, stupidly I gave them my card details. Quite quickly I realised that it was a scam but could not get through to them, it was constantly engaged and the one time I got through I was given the run around, at no point was I made aware that I was in a contract with them, I only agreed to a one off charge. Sadly they took more money and so I spoke to the bank to cancel the card and explained the situation.

However I have now had an email saying they are taking me to court for £1k! they rang in June after realising that I had cancelled the card which was when I told them they had conned me, mis-sold posing as another company and I had never agreed to a contract! They told my husband after I was abusive to them in June, they had decided to let the bill rack up until it was worth their while taking me to court! They cannot sue me for conning me surely?! I thought they had only duped me out of £200, but they informed me they continued to take money for a further four months! Its a worry, surely all this is illegal, how can they continue to trade? I really would like to know where everyone who has been duped by them stands legally?
  • I too have received an email this afternoon demanding £900 as they say I have cancelled my contract. If I was to pay by 5.30pm then they would accept £400 plus VAT! I cancelled by email during the first trial month when I realised they were not Google (as they had said on the phone!) which was back in March/April. I have heard nothing from them since then until today when I get the email. I have had no invoices, no demands, nothing!

The email states that they have emailed and phoned me and had no response. When I phoned them and spoke to a Frank Burns he restated that I had verbally agreed to the contract on the phone and they have the recording and terms and conditions were emailed aswell and they have no record of my email (which I stupidly don't have a copy of!) He didn't care that I had not received any invoices or indeed monthly stats reports. "These were all sent to you according to my department! " He offered to accept £400 and forget about the VAT if I agreed to pay now and this would also entitle me to another 4 months google advertising!!!!(I assume he is after my credit card details!!) and said that if I don't then the papers will go to his legal department and off to the Court!

I have obtained some legal advice and they are of the opinion that this is a money scam to get people to pay up rather than go through the possibility of being taken to court and the discount is an incentive to do so quickly. They have advised me to inform Trading Standards and ignore Worldwide.

Has anyone else received this email??
  • I too was 'HOOKED' in by these people last summer when the told me over the phone "They Were Google" and could help me start my new company web sites marketing. When I received their confirmation email a few minutes later it was obvious they were NOT Google. I too immediately tried to cancel but they flatly refused.

They have just demanded an additional £693 saying I didn't "cancel my contract" with them !!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be contacting Trading Standards

BE WARNED !!!
  • I have, on 17th similar situation. I have reported them to trade and standards, they said to send a letter by recorded delivery stating they are in breach of contract. I received another e-mail today of the same hilt, saying they will take me to court. I told them I am taking legal action.
    Let's see what transpires!!
  • This has happened to me as well. Although i told i could ring at anytime in the first 30days and cancel, i did and they were ok about This now i have This email.

Jonathon,
    !
    I am sending this email due to your account being outstanding.
    !
    Your payments have declined and we have not received a payment for your Google Subscription since 27th August 2010 and we have had no cancellation letter off your company.
    !
    Credit control have tried to settle this account but to no avail.
    !
    This account has now been passed to me and I will legally enforce the full amount owed if this account is not settled.
    !
    5 months payments of £99.00 plus vat are owed to Worldwide Marketing Solutions.
    !
    Total Owed £450.00 + Vat.
    !
    If payment is not received within 7 days we will issue legal proceedings against you.
    !
    If full payment is made before 5.30pm today then we will settle the account for the sum of £350.00 plus Vat.
    !
    Please call 0161 633 6003 at your earliest convenience to make payment.
    !
    Kind Regards
    !
    Frank Burns
    !
    Head of Credit Control
    !
    Worldwide Marketing Solutions
    !

Lucky they have never tacken anymore payments and Will not get any. Also never Tryed to take any and have not sent any invoices or reminders!.
    Now they say that they have a recording of your agreement it Will have on it there lies and cons, So i am not worried.

I Will be contacting trading standers and the legal team at fsb and lets see how thats go.

I know were there office is its just of king st next to Linda round about in Oldham i use a company next door.
    I Will contact trading standards on This aswell. I think just a print out of This page would win any leagal case.
  • Sorry about the spelling just angry.
  • Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 29 January 2011 at 3:00PM
    Blimey. 5 separate rants from brand new users. This crowd must be bad! :whistle:
    Premier wrote: »
    Come on, who is going to be number 10? :D

Geez, I've lost count now.

I wonder if Martin is going to offer a bottle of champers to the 100th? :D

Edit: better make that the 10,000th :cool:
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure