The Mortgage Free in Three - Take 4 challenge (MFiT-T4)

Comments

• Anagran
    Anagran Posts: 178
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi, just realised I completely missed the last update, oops! Gonna put one in now so that I won't miss the next one. Not in a position to overpay much at the moment, but hopefully that will change soon. Am in the red just now but hope to turn it around!
  • My plan hasn't quite gone to plan. After 18 months off work with acute anxiety, I was retired on ill-health grounds at the beginning of November. It's quite a lot to get my head around, but I did get a pension lump sum that paid a chunk off the mortgage and, because of my efforts o this and the three previous challenges, things aren't dire moneywise. They're just challenging!
    Mortgage Free thanks to ill-health retirement
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    My plan hasn't quite gone to plan. After 18 months off work with acute anxiety, I was retired on ill-health grounds at the beginning of November. It's quite a lot to get my head around, but I did get a pension lump sum that paid a chunk off the mortgage and, because of my efforts o this and the three previous challenges, things aren't dire moneywise. They're just challenging!

Sorry things aren't gong to plan. Pleased you managed to pay a chunk off the mortgage-one less think to worry about (or at least a smaller amount).
    When one door closes another door opens. Chin up Trying to be good.
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • Hi, been awol a few months, why ?? well I received some unexpected good news and had to decide what to do with it.
    For now have decided - I WILL manage without it for the moment :rotfl: (it was a lump sum) :eek:everyone needs a goal in life and this is mine - let's see how long that lasts :)

However on checking my aim and goal for this challenge - I have just discovered that I am a whole £1 under my target for the MFIT T4 challenge :j

Mortgage at the moment stands at £14,999 :j would never have believed I would ever reach it so quickly, so just shows what your challenge and a little focus can do :D

Thank you to each and every one for their hard work and encouragement, as without it, a lot of us would still be plugging away instead of light years ahead.

Pat on the back to you all :beer: have a lovely New Year when it comes. Wishing you all good health and happiness.
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • Lomcevak
    Lomcevak Posts: 1,023
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Lomcevak wrote: »
    All done for this quarter, now at £93,834 so £5,723 paid off since July, making it just over £41k repaid since the start and a touch under £34k to go. Still slowly slipping behind where I should be (now £2,589 short of being 'green') but still delighted to be close :)

Unless something dramatic happens will drop under £90k in December, which will mean that I've paid off half the mortgage in four years (was £180k in Jan '14). :D

Now at £86,779, so £7055 paid off since the last update, and a bit over £48k paid off in the last two years (and £102k in the last four!), with a bit under £27k left to go in the challenge. Still a bit behind the curve, now £1794 away from green, but closed the gap a little since last update. Going to be a big ask to get to the target, but will give it a go :D

Onwards and downwards ... and it is already two years since the start of MFiT-T4!?
    £40k-in-’23#18 £78,628.29/40,000 (196.57%)
  • Our mortgage is no more! It has ceased to be! It has expired and gone to meet its maker! It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace... IT IS AN EX-MORTGAGE! :D

The challenge that lies ahead of us now is to maintain discipline and keep on saving... That might be something that's easier said than done :o
  • Our mortgage is no more! It has ceased to be! It has expired and gone to meet its maker! It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace... IT IS AN EX-MORTGAGE! :D

The challenge that lies ahead of us now is to maintain discipline and keep on saving... That might be something that's easier said than done :o

Well done :T Excellent news. What are you going to do now ??

Congratulations :beer: :j
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • Thanks AFK :)

As for what next... There's a couple of small trips away to arrange for later in the year, and OH is already eyeing up a few little to not quite so little home improvements. Other than that - keep soldiering on towards financial independence I guess :D
  • trix-a-belle
    trix-a-belle Posts: 1,479
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    great news SSS

well where has the time gone, chart 8 is just round the corner! some great numbers coming through already
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd also busted
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
  • utopiah
    utopiah Posts: 316
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    edited 13 January 2018 at 9:21AM
    Well done supersecretsquirell what a fab way to start 2018
    Mortgage free 25/9/2019 8years and 7 months early 😁😁😁
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business