And now the fuse is lit...

Comments

• ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    michelle09 wrote: »
    Ah, well at least you have the borrowing facility - is it a lot to get back in?

It would have been about £2K pcm - which is way beyond me. With a bit of financial jiggery pokery I've managed to bring that down to £1K pcm. Hopefully by making the T's&C's on various things sweat, I can bring that down a little bit further as well.

I only need to appear solvent overnight... :rotfl:
    michelle09 wrote: »
    Feel you on the retirement. OH's pension cashes out at 61 and while my retirement age is 68 I have no plans to let OH sit at home for 7 years while I go out to work.

Well I've been ill for some time and it's getting no better - as I suppose I should expect. Work takes a big chunk of my time and a bigger chunk of my energy. I probably should have given up work already, though it would seem my 30% is better than a lot of people's 100%... :rotfl:
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,257 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    1k a month :eek:
    Lies in a darkened room.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • ZTD
    beanielou wrote: »
    1k a month :eek:
    Lies in a darkened room.

Oh yes...not even pedigree chum for me. I'll be eating the Pound Emporium "Unlucky Hedgehog" brand...
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    ZTD wrote: »
    Oh yes...not even pedigree chum for me. I'll be eating the Pound Emporium "Unlucky Hedgehog" brand...

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Bread & water for you:eek::rotfl::rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Because I "borrowed" out of my flexible ISA to fund my deposit. It's going to be a struggle to put back all of it before the end of the financial year. If I don't then that "borrow" turns into a withdrawal. Which I don't want to do. I'm trying to fund an early retirement now - I've decided I don't like work...

Hope you make it.

It's good to know these things about ourselves. "I don't like work" - I wish I'd known that about myself a long time ago :rotfl:
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • ZTD
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Hope you make it.

Oh I will. When I want something (which is surprisingly rare) I plan and execute. Of course things can go wrong (usually my health), but that's what contingency plans are for.
    It's good to know these things about ourselves. "I don't like work" - I wish I'd known that about myself a long time ago :rotfl:

I've known it for well over a decade. However, when I became ill, so many people tried, so many times, and so many different ways, to finish me, that sticking around became my Biblical message to them of "You can go forth rightly and multiply..."

However the price for that has been the home/life balance is just a work balance. I earn Cava wages and live a Tesco Value lager lifestyle... :rotfl: :beer:

I need that to change at some point, fix myself up and do more things I enjoy, rather than just need doing. Work drains too much time and too much energy, and the grim determination which gets me through is becoming too grim.
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Lots of warning signs in that last paragraph, Z! You definitely sound like you need more things you enjoy: they don't have to cost a lot by any means, but they do need to be included in your energy budget, so to speak. You *know* I'm speaking from experience! And I know you know the point I'm making .... I know you know I know....
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Oh I will. When I want something (which is surprisingly rare) I plan and execute. Of course things can go wrong (usually my health), but that's what contingency plans are for.

I've known it for well over a decade. However, when I became ill, so many people tried, so many times, and so many different ways, to finish me, that sticking around became my Biblical message to them of "You can go forth rightly and multiply..."

However the price for that has been the home/life balance is just a work balance. I earn Cava wages and live a Tesco Value lager lifestyle... :rotfl: :beer:

I need that to change at some point, fix myself up and do more things I enjoy, rather than just need doing. Work drains too much time and too much energy, and the grim determination which gets me through is becoming too grim.

That sounds worrying!
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • beanielou
    Time to do something about it dear Z.
    Only you can do it.
    Time to start making plans.
    Life is too short not to.

• ZTD
    Lots of warning signs in that last paragraph, Z! You definitely sound like you need more things you enjoy: they don't have to cost a lot by any means, but they do need to be included in your energy budget, so to speak.

Unfortunately, with working I have an energy deficit rather than budget. Hence the forward planning.
    Butti wrote: »
    That sounds worrying!

What in particular? Comparing myself to Tesco Value Lager? :eek::eek::shocked::eek::eek:
    beanielou wrote: »
    Time to do something about it dear Z.
    Only you can do it.
    Time to start making plans.
    Life is too short not to.

I've been making plans for a while. I've been looking at places to "retire" to and how much it costs to live. I may well end up staying where I am though.
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport