MBNA - PPI/Plevin

Hi,

I recently submitted a PPI claim with MBNA. They have writtne back to me to say they're not upholding my complaint as they wrote to me in 2013 regarding the PPI. However, they wrote to my old address. I have proof of address for the time up until I moved again in 2015 and I have been told to send it in to them to have it reassesed.

But they have said they're upholding the Plevin part of my claim (I had no idea about this) and will be paying me £1300 within 28 days.

Am I right in thinking that the Plevin payment only comes into play if the PPI complaint is rejected? If so, should I send this proof of address off to them now, or wait until the cheque comes? I don't mean hope they forget and issue me too much should my PPI complaint be upheld, but more will it slow down the issuing of the £1300?

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,038
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    answered on your duplicate post.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • I didn't realise I had posted in subthread, I thought it just hadn't posted as was searching the main page for it! Sorry
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,038
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    No problem. The site loves having lots of sections. However, a number of them don't really need to exist and could be removed.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure