Positive Balance on MBNA or Fluid?

I would like to stooze using my Barclaycard that has given me a 2yr deal at 1.9% BT fee

The only other cards I have are MBNA and Fluid, will they charge to withdraw a positive balance?

Thanks

Comments

• nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Appart from a positive balance on CC is against the T&C of the card. They may close your card or return the money back to the other card.
  • aurion22
    aurion22 Posts: 146 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 17 July 2018 at 10:33PM
    I've just been caught by this. I did a £2K balance transfer in anticipation of paying for a dropped kerb (£1K+) and to clear an existing debt of £700 on a CC which was coming to the end of its 0%. I'd also bought a new phone (£249) so the balance on the old card was actually £949. I then discovered that the firm which did the dropped kerb doesn't take CC payments and now the receiving card company have said that they will send back ALL of the balance transfer, not just the excess. Hey, ho . . :(

Edited: All's well that ends well! I rang again on Monday and got a lovely man who simply arranged for the excess £1.3K to be sent to my bank .. phew! I'd been stewing all weekend about what would happen. Things were further complicated by the phone order not going through until after I'd cancelled the card but everything is now sorted and I can pay for the dropped kerb by bank transfer.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure