Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,246 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Plus me :)

Sorry your DH is being a pain too. Must be something in the air at the moment.

It would be great if you could get a job, have a regular income stream and be more independent.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Thanks SA maybe it is the full moon :).

Me getting a job would solve a lot of problems. My parents, sister and even DS3 think me gettting a job would be a good idea, but I didn't want to let DH down by not helping him. But the time has definitely come. We didn't even earn enough to pay tax this year via the business :o.
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Inclined to agree with Sun Addict. It is just a matter of finding the hours you need and the job you are happy in :)

Good luck with the search.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Thanks DIA :). This diary is very cathartic :).
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • Dearest Hairy

Have a hug..... and another one too.

As others have suggested this feeling could have a lot to do with your husband being poorly and the "what if" thoughts.

Also I think it is time for that family meeting. I understand your feelings of being responsible for everything, but you know what, you aren't. One son will be going to Uni and the other off to America again so that gives me the idea that they are more than capable of helping around the house. That way you can all benefit from sharing the responsibilities.

And if you need us, we can listen to the moans and make some suggestions. You are not alone

Take care honey
    Get him out to the NT place tomorrow
    Pauline
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
  • Thank you Pauline :). The lovely people on my diary have a knack for making me feel better.

I do feel responsible for everything sometimes, but I know logically that they can manage without me. I do things because I've always done them and sometimes I don't know how to stop. Maybe if I stopped doing everything, then other people would step in and do things. Habits are hard to break :o.
  • Morning lovely,

What a stressful time you've had recently ((((HUGS))))

Glad DH is ok and fingers crossed the MRI will be clear. Hope the doctor can sort his prostate test out soon.

I did volunteer TA position at a local school many years ago, it was really enjoyable and I did it while I did the course. You'd be really good at it.

Have a great day xxx
  • sorry things are so tough at the minute.

I think you need to sit them all down too, and have that chat with them too. I am sure they will help.

You have to do what is best for you all as a family. TA roles are so rewarding, with good hours, but are not always the best paid.
    x
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Have a lovely day HH x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Morning lovely,

What a stressful time you've had recently ((((HUGS))))

Glad DH is ok and fingers crossed the MRI will be clear. Hope the doctor can sort his prostate test out soon.

I did volunteer TA position at a local school many years ago, it was really enjoyable and I did it while I did the course. You'd be really good at it.

Have a great day xxx

Is that the job you do now Purplemum? I know you do marketing too.
    Nicnak wrote: »
    sorry things are so tough at the minute.

I think you need to sit them all down too, and have that chat with them too. I am sure they will help.

You have to do what is best for you all as a family. TA roles are so rewarding, with good hours, but are not always the best paid.
    x

I know not the best pay, but I think I'd enjoy it and could then help DH in the holidays.
    Have a lovely day HH x

Thank you all :). Today we're concentrating on de-stressing, so we're going to go out to a NT place in a bit. I think it will do us good to have a change of scene and it's a lovely sunny day :).

Have a good Sunday everyone :).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure