Why Do People On Benefits Get Help With Housing Yet We Cant?

Options

Comments

• the_taws_family_of_7
    Options
    wrote:
    there ive changed it is that better i suppose i dont realise im doing it its habit instead of keep putting the caps lock on
    DEBT £45,OOO AT 9/10/06:mad: HERES TO A FRESH START!
  • the_taws_family_of_7
    Options
    All i can say is at least you have somewhere to live.
    I can see this turning into another benefit single mum bashing thread!
    *yawn*
    no honestly wouldnt do that my sister lives with her 6 kids in a council house with her partner of 16 years and i just see how much better off they are to us and neither have ever worked.maybe im just jealous .lol
  • the_taws_family_of_7
    Options
    Just seems strange that two people with the same habit joined the forum about the same time, have the same (fairly unusual ) size of family and are both from the same part of the country, that's all.
    see your point just think it means more people in the north east are as mad as my wife and i to have a large family.ive changed my writing format to please everyone though so hope that this will help.
  • astonsmummy
    astonsmummy Posts: 14,219 Forumite
    Options
    Oh i didnt mean you would be a benefits basher, it's just there are alot of people on here who think only young sl uts claim benefits and live in council houses and would hijack your thread to voice their bitterness.
    :j Baby boy Number 2, arrived 12th April 2009!:j
  • A_Nice_Englishman
    Options
    Mortgage payers do get help with the interest, but only after a few months of sickness / unemployment I believe. This is something people should be made aware of when they take out a mortgage and have enough savings / insurance to cover.
  • Rebekka_2
    Rebekka_2 Posts: 989 Forumite
    Options
    As your tax credits are worked out on last years income, maybe a phone call to them to tell them your income has considerably dropped woud help, as you are not getting the full entitlement therefore you may be awarded more, if not now (and i know its no help now) but next year it will be based on this years so yu will definately get more next year, have you considered contacting your mortgage company to maybe pay interest only whilst you are out of work so to speak.
  • the_taws_family_of_7
    Options
    Mortgage payers do get help with the interest, but only after a few months of sickness / unemployment I believe. This is something people should be made aware of when they take out a mortgage and have enough savings / insurance to cover.
    yes its after 6 or 9 month i believe ive paid £20 a month for as long as i can remember to cover for unemployment and disability but never thought id be absent with illness so its worthless but im not 100% if i should scrap just incase my employers decides to let me go if im off for much longer even then there are so many different clauses that it covers.
  • Scarlett1
    Scarlett1 Posts: 6,887 Forumite
    Options
    yes its after 6 or 9 month i believe ive paid £20 a month for as long as i can remember to cover for unemployment and disability but never thought id be absent with illness so its worthless but im not 100% if i should scrap just incase my employers decides to let me go if im off for much longer even then there are so many different clauses that it covers.
    sorry mate to have to be the bearer of bad news, but your wife is on here and apparently she is now a single parent, dont know if she has told you or not ;)

like the wind up though :D
  • the_taws_family_of_7
    Options
    Rebekka wrote:
    As your tax credits are worked out on last years income, maybe a phone call to them to tell them your income has considerably dropped woud help, as you are not getting the full entitlement therefore you may be awarded more, if not now (and i know its no help now) but next year it will be based on this years so yu will definately get more next year, have you considered contacting your mortgage company to maybe pay interest only whilst you are out of work so to speak.
    it was an interest only mortgage anyway as we thought we could pay this for 3 years then once we were slightly better off could go back to repayment.otherwise wed be paying £600ish bad credit rating so had to mortgage with kensington not the best.
  • the_taws_family_of_7
    Options
    Scarlett1 wrote:
    sorry mate to have to be the bearer of bad news, but your wife is on here and apparently she is now a single parent, dont know if she has told you or not ;)

like the wind up though :D
    i dont see how shes seing to the kids and weve only got one computer is someone taking the mick.got to be honest read the single mum of 5 thread as someone said that they thought we were related earlier is someone winding me up because my debts are real alittle to real to be honest.I hope im not having fun poked as i came on here for help and advise not sarcasm for having more than 2 kids,as were far from benefit wallers which northerners with a few kids are called.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure