Black Horse have now opened up OLD systems!

2»

Comments

• Nearlyold
    Nearlyold Posts: 2,288 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 23 September 2018 at 3:49PM
    We have had 3 loans with Black Horse I think due to Car Finance and I have written to them asking if I had ever paid PPI. They have written back with 3 account ref's and have included a questionnaire. Does this mean that they sold me the finance and are going to investigate or could it still be the car dealership? Thanks

If the car dealer arranged the finance for you then it is virtually certain the dealer sold you the PPI (if you had it). If you arranged a loan yourself with Black Horse directly without involving the dealer then it would be Black Horse who sold you the PPI (if you had it). If you cast your mind back to when you purchased the cars you should be able to remember.
  • SuzieMum
    SuzieMum Posts: 128 Forumite
    We have had 3 loans with Black Horse I think due to Car Finance and I have written to them asking if I had ever paid PPI. They have written back with 3 account ref's and have included a questionnaire. Does this mean that they sold me the finance and are going to investigate or could it still be the car dealership? Thanks

Hi Amanda,
    Did you send back your complaint forms?
    I posted mine back yesterday.
  • SuzieMum
    UPDATE:

I have just been told my complaint has been upheld and I have over £1100 coming to me by cheque!

So to those who think they might have a claim, even if the car dealer sold the PPI to you, try it! I am SO happy.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,347 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    So to those who think they might have a claim, even if the car dealer sold the PPI to you, try it! I am SO happy.

If the car dealer used a Black Horse employee then Black Horse take liability. If the car dealer acted as a broker to Black Horse then the car dealer takes liability.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • SuzieMum
    dunstonh wrote: »
    If the car dealer used a Black Horse employee then Black Horse take liability. If the car dealer acted as a broker to Black Horse then the car dealer takes liability.

You are so funny.

It was a Citroen dealer salesman.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,804 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    SuzieMum wrote: »
    You are so funny.

What is funny? This is the legal situation.

Black Horse have no liability for a sale in a Citroen dealership if they only provided the finance (they didn't sell you anything, so cannot logically be guilty of miss-selling) so either they are mistaken and agreed to pay out and you got lucky or it was their own staff member operating out of the dealership. If it was sold by a Citroen staff member pre-2005 then it's pre-regulation so your complaint could simply have been dismissed
  • SuzieMum
    Nasqueron wrote: »
    What is funny? This is the legal situation.

Black Horse have no liability for a sale in a Citroen dealership if they only provided the finance (they didn't sell you anything, so cannot logically be guilty of miss-selling) so either they are mistaken and agreed to pay out and you got lucky or it was their own staff member operating out of the dealership. If it was sold by a Citroen staff member pre-2005 then it's pre-regulation so your complaint could simply have been dismissed

I simply posted to advise other people how to do it and to advise that it IS possible to find your account details and make a complaint to Black Horse pre 2000. I also posted today because I was happy with the result. I don't want to get in to the nitty gritty details of the car salesman's employment contract from 20 years ago! The fact of the matter is I bought a car, I got a Black Horse loan, I was forced to tick the PPI box and now I've got it back.

Congratulations to me.
  • dunstonh
    SuzieMum wrote: »
    You are so funny.

And as Black Horse have paid it, it means the Citroen dealer was an agent of Black Horse. In many cases that is not the case.
    I simply posted to advise other people how to do it and to advise that it IS possible to find your account details and make a complaint to Black Horse pre 2000

It MAY be possible.
    I don't want to get in to the nitty gritty details of the car salesman's employment contract from 20 years ago!

You may not but its important. A good many Black Horse car loans see the dealer liable. Not Black Horse. So, clarification of why yours was paid out helps others. Rather than just telling people Black Horse will pay out.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • SuzieMum
    dunstonh wrote: »

It MAY be possible.

It IS possible to now find your old account information with one simple phone call. It IS possible to lodge a complaint. It MAY be possible to win it depending on the logistics of the salesman as you have stated. In my case, I have no idea who employed the salesman and whether or not he was an agent. We will assume he/they were an agent as they have paid out. For a normal person reading this who doesn't know, then it is worth submitting a complaint form to find out if they are owed anything, and let them do the leg work on finding out if the staff were agents or not.
  • dunstonh
    In my case, I have no idea who employed the salesman and whether or not he was an agent.

Most people will not. However, we see plenty of posts on this site where people find the dealer is responsible not Black Horse. The comments added are just to qualify your outcome so those people reading this thread will understand why they are not considered by Black Horse whilst you were.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure