Request for details of how fee was financed

Hi again guys

Husband has his initial interview tomorrow. But today he received a form/letter which asks for details of how his bankruptcy fee was paid, and for details of anyone who helped him pay the fee. I paid the majority for him while I was winding down my eBay business, although I am due to go bankrupt myself within the next month. I’m worried what the receiver will have to say about how it’s been paid? My fee is also paid up already from the business.

Is this request for information a standard thing. He's claiming a deficit across his income and expenditure so I wondered if that might be why they have asked..

Comments

• Hi vivki

I'm pretty sure this form is standard. Certainly we both had to sign one. In our case my husband did some freelance work with his old employer to earn the cash for the fees and he just gave me the money for mine. As we have always shared our income and expenses I just stated that I had paid the fees from my own resources in the same way I might pay for a bill of my husbands. I may be wrong but I assume they are looking for someone who has loaned you the cash and will be expecting repayment at some time.

The older hands on this site can put me right if I have misjudged this.
  • Don't worry about it, they just need to know where you found that sort of money when you were going under. I slapped mine on a credit card that I took out specifically for this purpose just before I self declared (I chose one particular lender deliberately because they are sharks who prey on the vulnerable).
  • Don't worry about it, they just need to know where you found that sort of money when you were going under. I slapped mine on a credit card that I took out specifically for this purpose just before I self declared (I chose one particular lender deliberately because they are sharks who prey on the vulnerable).

i think thats been stopped now...

withdraw the cash off the card next time....lol
    Now we all know how it felt to play in the band on the Titanic...

BRAVO! :beer: Good for you.

I read somewhere that you could no longer pay by credit card, but I can't find anything to back that up now. Shame.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure