Partners Income

2»

Comments

• I am not doing an IVA as my partner already has one, I would rather pay for 3 years not 5 and have the Bankruptcy.

Fingers crossed all will be ok!
  • All the best
  • National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello again,

If your partners student loan is up to date, that would very likely be a permitted expense and then the OR will take their net income amount, after that has been deducted from their wage.

However, to give you a rough idea of how the surplus is calculated proportionally (based on the figures you have given); your partners net income is approximately £2218 and the total surplus is £904, your partner should have more than 50% of the surplus as they have a higher income. They could potentially have around £508 of this, so you may not have quite as high an IPA as you have initially calculated.

I hope that helps, best of luck,

Laura
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
  • Hi,
    Apologies, I have now been told two different things and partner is pressing the button on Friday!

Do we include all income and all expenses even partners Student Loan, HP and IVA so that they can see everything we pay out
    OR
    Do we reduce partners income by those items
    OR
    Do I just put their income and none of their expenses?
    We pay all our money pout of one pot so to speak even though we have seperate accounts.

Any advice welcome!
    Thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family