Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • quinquereme
    • By quinquereme 13th Apr 18, 9:29 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 37Thanks
    quinquereme
    Club Lloyds and BOS dropping rates to 1.5% on 1st July
    • 13th Apr 18, 9:29 PM
    Club Lloyds and BOS dropping rates to 1.5% on 1st July 13th Apr 18 at 9:29 PM
    Just noticed this on Lloyds website:
    Please note: From the 1st July 2018, we will be changing the interest you can earn on Club Lloyds current accounts. The current interest rate of 2% AER/1.98% Gross variable, payable on balances between 1 and 5,000, will reduce to 1.5% AER/1.49% Gross variable. You will still need to pay at least two different Direct Debits each calendar month to earn interest.

Checked BoS and same with Vantage:
    Please note: From the 1st July 2018, we will be changing the interest you can earn on Vantage accounts. The current interest rate of 2% AER/1.98% Gross variable, payable on balances between 1 and 5,000, will reduce to 1.5% AER/1.49% Gross variable. To earn interest, you will still need to pay at least two different Direct Debits each calendar month, pay at least 1,000 into your account during the calendar month, and stay in credit (above 0) during the monthly billing period.

(Can't post links as a newbie.). Sad times.
Page 6
    • typistretired
    • By typistretired 3rd May 18, 3:35 PM
    • 1,327 Posts
    • 953 Thanks
    typistretired
    Club Lloyds and BOS dropping rates
    Coventry Building Society Reward ISA pays 1.65%. It is a loyalty ISA so not open to everyone.
    "Look after your pennies and your pounds will look after themselves"
    • EachPenny
    • By EachPenny 3rd May 18, 5:47 PM
    • 6,746 Posts
    • 18,134 Thanks
    EachPenny
    Thanks for the head up. I found it. Not only they will need to be a member but they will need to be a very specific member.
    A special account for your additional permitted subscription, if you've lost your spouse or civil partner and they had ISA savings with us.
    Originally posted by adindas
    Do the T&C's exclude people who have killed their spouse or civil partner? Might this be a feasible option for someone who is not already eligible to manage to qualify for an account?
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
    • Frogletina
    • By Frogletina 3rd May 18, 7:53 PM
    • 3,071 Posts
    • 11,124 Thanks
    Frogletina
    Thanks for the head up. I found it. Not only they will need to be a member but they will need to be a very specific member.
    A special account for your additional permitted subscription, if you!!!8217;ve lost your spouse or civil partner and they had ISA savings with us.
    Originally posted by adindas
    Not necessarily - I am assuming that the account is the one that is not open to new members - the interest rate has been variable for some years.

Account name Privilege ISA - Annual
    Current interest rate 1.65% Tax-free*

Annual Allowance used 0.00
    Flexible ISA allowance help 0.00
    Total you can pay in help 20,000.00

2018/19 annual ISA allowance 20,000.00
    Current year's funds allowed Yes
    Previous year's funds allowed Yes

frogletina
    Last edited by Frogletina; 03-05-2018 at 7:57 PM.
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first

SPC 8 #441 1567.31 SPC 9 #441 1014.64 SPC 10 #441 1164.13
    • typistretired
    • By typistretired 4th May 18, 2:10 PM
    • 1,327 Posts
    • 953 Thanks
    typistretired
    Club Lloyds and BOS dropping rates
    It still states ISA Reward on my statement for this year. Even though it is closed to new applicants it is still ongoing if you opened one.You could open one if you already had an ISA with them. I had a fixed ISA which I just renewed each year without adding to as there were better ISA's elsewhere in those days!

"ISA Reward
    1.65%
    Tax Free^/AER*
    (Variable)
    to
    N/A
    1 - N/A
    Current and previous years'
    This ISA is flexible"
    Last edited by typistretired; 04-05-2018 at 2:18 PM.
    "Look after your pennies and your pounds will look after themselves"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

202Posts Today

2,549Users online

Martin's Twitter