NatWest £125 switch incentive

Comments

• noh
    noh Posts: 5,797 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    vienly wrote: »
    I couldn't really be bothered to speak to anyone so filled out their online complaints form. Still haven't received mine either yet.

I have done the same. Online complaint form submitted.
  • i_love_it
    i_love_it Posts: 847 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I couldn’t find any online method to enquire or complain. Mailbox seems to only allow incoming mail. So I rang and got told I was eligible and due to system error all payments should be made by 27th April 2018
    I asked if the new date was being communicated to all still waiting for the bonus and was told customers will receive a letter.
  • Herbalus
    Herbalus Posts: 2,634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    i_love_it wrote: »
    So I rang and got told I was eligible and due to system error all payments should be made by 27th April 2018
    I asked if the new date was being communicated to all still waiting for the bonus and was told customers will receive a letter.

That’s nearly 2 weeks!!! :eek:

Thanks for asking about the rest of us ;)
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Mchambers wrote: »
    Should mean loads of wonga as compensation for my dad.

You have already said this in a previous reply, we get it.

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • Logged online complaint, then saw post #1945

Let's see if I get same advice.

Am an existing NatWest customer and not impressed with their service on this occasion.

WebChat unavailable - unsurprisingly
  • gingercordial
    gingercordial Posts: 1,681 Forumite
    I have also logged an online complaint as I would rather not spend all afternoon on hold... We will see.

For those who can't find it, the online complaints form is at the bottom of this page - it is not part of online banking.

https://personal.natwest.com/personal/support-centre/how-to-complain.html
  • Wednesday100
    Wednesday100 Posts: 61 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 16 April 2018 at 1:58PM
    I sent a message using the app and the advisor came back to me and said I was not eligible because I did not switch an account. I wonder if any other forum members switching to an existing account are not being credited because NatWest systems are not recognising a switch as a switch?

I went back to them and pointed out that my NatWest account showed the funds from my Lloyds account landing on 26th February. I also have the closing statement from Lloyds that shows my account payment going out on the 26th and the Lloyds account closed in 27th.

The advisor said "I have checked your account for you and can see there is no indication that you switched in using this service, but rather [just] began to use an account that has been open for a long while. To this effect, you are not eligible and this is the reason you have not received the funds."

Then in response to me pointing out that my account showed the funds landing on 26th Feb "I'm sorry for any misunderstanding but we can only check a screen to see if a switch has been completed. If this shows as a no, we are unable to investigate any further. However, based on the fact that you may have completed the switch you may wish to raise a complaint so that this can be looked into by one of our experts who have the facility to investigate exactly what has gone wrong."

As background, I called the NatWest switching team around 10th Feb to switch and they pointed me to an online form and I filled that in, giving the usual switching details including the debit card number from the donor account.
  • gingercordial
    gingercordial Posts: 1,681 Forumite
    I sent a message using the app and the advisor came back to me and said I was not eligible because I did not switch an account. I wonder if any other forum members switching to an existing account are not being credited because NatWest systems are not recognising a switch as a switch?

I went back to them and pointed out that my NatWest account showed the funds from my Lloyds account landing on 26th February. I also have the closing statement from Lloyds that shows my account payment going out on the 26th and the Lloyds account closed in 27th.

The advisor said "I have checked your account for you and can see there is no indication that you switched in using this service, but rather [just] began to use an account that has been open for a long while. To this effect, you are not eligible and this is the reason you have not received the funds."

Then in response to me pointing out that my account showed the funds landing on 26th Feb "I'm sorry for any misunderstanding but we can only check a screen to see if a switch has been completed. If this shows as a no, we are unable to investigate any further. However, based on the fact that you may have completed the switch you may wish to raise a complaint so that this can be looked into by one of our experts who have the facility to investigate exactly what has gone wrong."

As background, I called the NatWest switching team around 10th Feb to switch and they pointed me to an online form and I filled that in, giving the usual switching details including the debit card number from the donor account.

Do you still have any of the letters and/or texts they sent for the progress of the switch? For example I have texts from them during the process saying "Thanks for switching to us. We're working with your old bank...", "Your switch is progressing..." and "Good news, your switch is complete..." I'm pretty sure (I'm at work so can't check) there were letters too. Enough evidence anyway to prove a real switch took place if they maintain that (ridiculous!) position for you or any of the rest of us.
  • wizzywig27
    wizzywig27 Posts: 1,536 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Mchambers wrote: »
    Complain and ask for compensation.

Bore off, you really are annoying me!
  • Unfortunately, I've deleted the texts, but have just found a NatWest e-mail - so an open and shut case! This is the first time going through multiple switches that the bank has failed to recognise the switch. I wrongly thought the switching process was bombproof by now.

I had been toying with upgrading to a NatWest reward account and actually using it for paying bills, but not now.

I've submitted an e-mail complaint.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport