Online forms - Contribution to household?

Options
Hi guys

I am almost there with my online forms - but there are a couple of things which I am a little stumped on :confused:

I am back living with my wonderful Mum :love: at present and will be for quite a while until I get myself sorted out.

In the income and expenditure section it asks for how much of a contribution does any other member of the household pay.

Not quite sure what I am supposed to put here as at present my mum is paying most of the bills, but this varies by month due to the income I am trying to put into the household.

As I am self employed income can be a little erratic - to put it mildly - especially at the moment :o some weeks a good amount and at other times nothing, - thank goodness for my WTC!

Is my contribution classed as rent, and if there is surplus between my input and my mum's will this make me more prone to an IPA?

Sorry I don't know whether I am confusing myself and not reading it correctly.

My brain is in overload with all the paperwork I am getting together, for the OR , might have to go and lie down in a darkened room!! icon_eek.gif

Thanks in advance and sorry for all the questions!

Jules icon_biggrin.gif
'What is right for one soul may not be right for another.
It may mean having to stand on your own
and do something strange in the eyes of others.
But do not be daunted,
do whatever it is because you know within it is right for you.'
'Eileen Caddy'
BSC: No: 79

Comments

• Richard_S
    Richard_S Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    Options
    JulesJay wrote: »
    Hi guys

I am almost there with my online forms - but there are a couple of things which I am a little stumped on :confused:

I am back living with my wonderful Mum :love: at present and will be for quite a while until I get myself sorted out.

In the income and expenditure section it asks for how much of a contribution does any other member of the household pay.

Not quite sure what I am supposed to put here as at present my mum is paying most of the bills, but this varies by month due to the income I am trying to put into the household.

As I am self employed income can be a little erratic - to put it mildly - especially at the moment :o some weeks a good amount and at other times nothing, - thank goodness for my WTC!

Is my contribution classed as rent, and if there is surplus between my input and my mum's will this make me more prone to an IPA?

Sorry I don't know whether I am confusing myself and not reading it correctly.

My brain is in overload with all the paperwork I am getting together, for the OR , might have to go and lie down in a darkened room!! icon_eek.gif

Thanks in advance and sorry for all the questions!

Jules icon_biggrin.gif

Hi Jules,

Your circumstances are a little different to most and I think you need to interpret the forms and make notes of how you’ve calculated the figures you’ve put on the form; I’m assuming that you’re on your own with a child(ren) and living at your Mum’s house.

Your income is reasonably straightforward. You are self employed so the O.R will expect your income to fluctuate, if you take an average of the last six months net income (Gross Income less expenses associated with your self employment) or even better twelve months and then adjust for any reasonable changes in business in the next year and then use this figure as your expected income.

Expenditure is different, you need to reach some agreement with your Mum as to how you pay your share of the household bills. Could she not charge you a fixed monthly amount for rent, say £250 and another £150 per month for food and a contribution to utility bills and groceries. I’ve only used arbitrary figures, obviously you’ll have a better idea of what is more appropriate.

You only then need to add amounts for transport, travel, dentistry etc etc, there are a number of threads on the site as to what the O.R will and won’t accept. Do your research because some people have been allowed a contribution to Christmas, birthdays and an annual holiday. It’s always better to include too much and have some disallowed than not put enough and end up paying an IPA.

Apologies for being brief; I’m at work at the moment.

Regards

Richard
  • JulesJay
    JulesJay Posts: 179 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Richard I appreciate your thoughts.

I think i will sit down and work on some of the figures you suggest!

Yes you are right single mum as of a couple of months ago - which is another story with many choice words which I couldn't possibly put on this wonderful forum :mad: - so stress levels are pretty much huge at the moment.

Plus also cant get into my local court until June which is freaking me out, but trying to get everything straight as much as I can.

Thanks again for your reply - hope you dont mind me coming back if I come across anything else :o

Jules x
    But do not be daunted,
    'Eileen Caddy'
  • Richard_S
    Options

Yes you are right single mum as of a couple of months ago - which is another story with many choice words which I couldn't possibly put on this wonderful forum :mad: - so stress levels are pretty much huge at the moment.

Plus also cant get into my local court until June which is freaking me out, but trying to get everything straight as much as I can.

Thanks again for your reply - hope you dont mind me coming back if I come across anything else :o

Jules x

Hi Jules,

No problem, it's a pleasure, I don't always get chance to look at the threads but if it's important and nobody has responded on the thread then send me a PM; I always check for PM's usually on a daily basis.

Regards

Richard
  • JulesJay
    Options
    Thanks Richard :T
    But do not be daunted,
    'Eileen Caddy'
  • Richard_S
    Options

Jules x

Jules,

Just another thought before my last whisky of the evening, if you're keen to "do the deed" before June, have you thought about another court? I'm reasonably certain that it doesn't have to be the closest court to where you live. I appreciate transport and childcare might be difficult but you only have to make the one trip to court; it might ba a small price to pay for peace of mind.

I should have asked and you've probably already mentioned it, have you taken professional advice from CCCS, CAB or one of the other charities; it's a question the judge will ask and it's always a good place to start.

Richard
  • tight_jock
    tight_jock Posts: 1,902 Forumite
    Options
    Richard_S wrote: »
    Jules,

Just another thought before my last whisky of the evening, if you're keen to "do the deed" before June, have you thought about another court? I'm reasonably certain that it doesn't have to be the closest court to where you live. I appreciate transport and childcare might be difficult but you only have to make the one trip to court; it might ba a small price to pay for peace of mind.

I should have asked and you've probably already mentioned it, have you taken professional advice from CCCS, CAB or one of the other charities; it's a question the judge will ask and it's always a good place to start.

Richard

Evening all

You stole my thunder !!!!!. Just what I was in the middle of typing :D

Make sure you get the professional advice though.
    :beer:
    TJ
  • Richard_S
    Options
    tight_jock wrote: »
    Evening all

You stole my thunder !!!!!. Just what I was in the middle of typing :D

Make sure you get the professional advice though.
    :beer:
    TJ

Hi Jock,

What did I steal, your thunder or the last whisky of the night :rotfl:

Rich
  • JulesJay
    Options
    Hi Richard and tight jock.

Hope the whisky had the desired effect!

Yes have been on to national debtline and cccs and they say that it is the best way to go - as I have no assets to protect and no prospect of paying it back at this present moment in time.

Tried coming to arrangements with the creditiors but they just dont want to know however many letters I send! :mad:

I will look into going to another court - but I was led to believe you had to go to the court closest to where you were trading or living for the last six months which for me unfortunately is Brighton?

I will check it out - would be great if I could get this out of the way sooner rather than later!

Have a good day guys :j

Jules x
    But do not be daunted,
    'Eileen Caddy'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business