Its spanish for "I hate debt"...

Options
... the name that is. I guess I was trying to be witty and the reason I choose spanish is because once I clear this debt thats where I hope to start a new life.

Just a dream at the moment but we are all allowed to do that, right?

At the age of 24 I am ashamed of my debt as I have next to nothing to show for it. No lavish holidays or a nice car, just a poor lifestyle which involved drinking and gambling too much.

I am making progress though. I expect to clear around 70% of my current debt of £12240 by March 2010. Seems along way of but, failing my demise(*touch wood*), that day will arrive and this time I wont be dissapointed at failing to reduce my debt by yet another personal deadline. In the past it has always increased.

I have educated myself in all things finance recently and I am going into this with more confidence than ever before. I am improving my lifestyle in other areas and intend to post my stats on a weekly basis - these include stopping smoking and getting fit.... you know 'The Usual Suspects'.

Well I feel I have made a start now and look forward to being involved in what already looks like a fantastic forum(the best I have come across tbh)

Thanks
Debt @ Worst (Aug 08) = £14,781.96

Debt - June 09 £13,267.23 > Debt - July 09 £12,320.47 > Debt - Aug 09 £12,291.60
It is not a matter of if you will go to war with quitting smoking, but a matter of WHEN you will go to war - will you go while you are healthy and in control or when you are dying?

Comments

• hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    hola!

Welcome to DFW - and good luck with your goals. With a bit of determination and effort you will get what you want, and will feel a whole lot better for it, physically, and mentally.
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    Options
    Hello o l d. Welcome :hello:

As I'm sure you are finding out the main site and the forums have loads of useful advice for all sorts of money saving as well as paying off debts. Have you signed up for the tips email?

Once you've settled in have a look through the challenges on the DFW board and see which ones suit your goals. There are monthly ones as well as long runnings ones.
    Glad to see you are planning on stopping smoking - its a really good way to spend less - cigarettes are so expensive, if all the saved money goes on debt repayments its a win-win situation.

Wish I'd realised I had too many debts and too little to show for it at 24. I had significantly less then than at 30 when I finally decided to do something about mine.

Hope a life on DFW will help you get to your new life in spain!
    Tixy
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills