Benefits for a student with child

I have just found out my 17yr old daughter is pregnant. She is currently doing A levels and intends to go to university to do nursing. She hopes to live at home during her course as a single mother. What benefits will she be eligible for? I have been to loads of different websites to get this information but it is all very confusing. Is there anyone out there who has been through a similar situation who could give us this information please?
Middlers

Comments

• zeryx
    zeryx Posts: 64 Forumite
    She will be entitled to Child Tax Credit and she'd need to find out about her nursing bursary ... I'm pretty sure there is an additional amount if they have a dependant child.
    Nice to save.
  • if she was to recieve income support she would be able to attent university part time for free plus a £250 grant per year, you used to only be able to do 50% of a full-time course but now you can do anything from 33% to 80% of a full year fee-free. the university would also be able to provide a hardship grant.

i attend university on this scheme coz i get IB but also get council tax and housing tax benefit as i live alone (you need to get one at least of the three benefits) and ive also had hardship grants.

i hope this helps? :)
    :T The best things in life are FREE! :T
  • - sorry i forgot to say whre to get the info and application forms its at your local LEA office
    :T The best things in life are FREE! :T
  • KizzyK_2
    KizzyK_2 Posts: 993 Forumite
    Edit: Dont worry - I was being thick! :rolleyes:
    :j Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus :j

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts