Council house

12346»

Comments

• i was in that position this time last year, was told to put a bed in the kitchen of all places! then i was to make a bed in the living/dining room, but i got round that as you cannot sleep in a room where there is gas and it is under a certain size. then they told me to sleep in one room with my 11 year old daughter and my hubby share with my 5 year old son......its madness ifanyone is in this position they must keep looking for an exchange, as that was my only hope... good luck
    spanky xx

DFW weight watchers 28lbs to lose
    lost so far 11.5 lbs
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,138 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    i was in that position this time last year, was told to put a bed in the kitchen of all places! then i was to make a bed in the living/dining room, but i got round that as you cannot sleep in a room where there is gas and it is under a certain size.
    Is that right. My friend then with the boy and girl with a 14 year gap might have been able to complain on those ground, cos that was her only alternative, put him in the front room where there was a gas fire, and make the kitchen/diner into a lounge/Kitchen/diner. Too late for her cos she bought, but might help someone else.

My great-gran had a 4 bed council house, needed cos she had 11 kids. The youngest now in his 60s never married and still lives there alone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure