Son on Apprenticeship pay can he get WTC

Hi my son is doing an apprenticeship and is receiving £120 per week can he get WTC as someone has said that this may be possible as he is under the £15,000 a year benchmark.

thanks

cheryl :

Comments

• hjb123
    hjb123 Posts: 32,002 Forumite
    Speak to Jobcentre plus or ring the benefits enquiry line:
    Benefit Enquiry Line (BEL) on: 0800 88 22 00
    Weight Loss - 102lb
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I believe that WTC is only for people aged 25 years and above.

I assume he is 18 if doing an apprenticeship. So the answer is no.

From the CAB website

If you are 25 or over and you work 30 hours or more a week you may get Working Tax Credit. In this case, you do not have to have a child in order to claim, but you do have to work enough hours.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • cheryll
    cheryll Posts: 20 Forumite
    Calley this is not the first time you have helped me out a veritable font of knowledge and i love all the bantering you do online have often read your posts. Keep it up - but do you have a life of this site - I am afraid it is addictive only a newwy but been posting new threads already. Have yet to learn how to do all the smilies and things. again thankyou
  • cheryll
    thanks HJB but I love the laziness of reading the answer of Calley rather than trying to phone a blinkin benefit agency. But appreciation for your reply. Thankyou
  • DazzerG
    DazzerG Posts: 220 Forumite
    cheryll wrote:
    Hi my son is doing an apprenticeship and is receiving £120 per week can he get WTC as someone has said that this may be possible as he is under the £15,000 a year benchmark.

thanks

cheryl :

The threshold for a single person (25+yo and working 30hrs) claiming WTC is £11315
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    cheryll wrote:
    Calley this is not the first time you have helped me out a veritable font of knowledge and i love all the bantering you do online have often read your posts. Keep it up - but do you have a life of this site - I am afraid it is addictive only a newwy but been posting new threads already. Have yet to learn how to do all the smilies and things. again thankyou

Cheryll,

You make me :o . I spout a lot of something but would not say I am veritable font of knowledge but thanks for the compliment.

Made my day. Yes I know sad or what.

No I don't have a life off site. I don't work and without going in to many details have not done so for a couple of years. And I am dreading the thought of having to go back.

But glad if I can help in anyway. Shame I don't get paid for it though LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care and see you around.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • cheryll
    Your quite right Calley a shame you are not doing something to use your obviously natural talent. Being Kind and articulate is a serious plus in the employment field. Believe me when i think of some people i work with I know.

The dread is often much worse than the doing so heres hoping if eveything is ok you can get back soon.

Kind regards

Cheryl
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family