Multiple student accounts?

I've been looking online to see which banks allow you to have multiple student accounts. I am currently with a Santander student account but have been looking at applying for another one. Does anyone know which banks let you have student accounts at multiple banks? (I will be paying regularly into my account if that makes any difference).

Comments

• I'm not sure if it is possible to have multiple student accounts as they are high risk for the bank due to the interest free over draft etc. Would be interested to know if it is possible though.
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,134 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    You would need to check the eligibility of each bank - some allow it, others don't and if it's for the interest free portion of an overdraft be mindful that not all overdrafts are guaranteed with a student account - is it possible to have a student account and not be eligible for an overdraft on the account at all.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family