Anyone else having Plusnet billing issues?

Or is it just me? I know MSE mentioned it last year but at the time I was not affected.

Since then I renewed my contract and paid one years line rental.

They began with overcharging me the first month - then refunding the bit overcharged after I contacted them.

Since then they have been taking the broadband payment from the line rental paid - instead of billing me and charging me separately for the broadband (which they normally would do).

Having rung them the numerous times they say their systems changed and some contracts (including mine) are stuck in 'pending' and are having to be manually sorted by what seems to be a small team. They wont say how many are affected but it seems to be ongoing.

May be worth you checking your broadband billing if this may affect you too.

Finally, they confirmed you will be able to leave without penalty if you so choose.

Comments

• Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    The only thing I noticed this month in my email today is my 18 month contract has ended and gone from £27 to £40 :eek:

Quick search and looking at Post Office for the exact service for £20 a month and a £50 Amazon voucher :) looks like my new provider for the next 12 months, signing up now.
  • I’m looking at leaving as despite trying to sort out my billing no one at the first level customer service teams can do anything and I cannot seem to escalate it.

Thanks for the Post Office mention. I hadn’t got round to seriously looking yet but I think I may have to.
  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I’m looking at leaving as despite trying to sort out my billing no one at the first level customer service teams can do anything and I cannot seem to escalate it.

Thanks for the Post Office mention. I hadn’t got round to seriously looking yet but I think I may have to.

I found the Post Office one on here doing a comparison check, don't click and sign up through this site though, you have to go on broadband genie to do it, search for the comparison and then sign up through them, the offer only applies to 38Mb speed. My calender is noted for the 110th day if I don't get an email with my the code and the email is added as safe.
  • Carrot007
    Carrot007 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Having rung them the numerous times

Use the online chat if you actually want to get anything done.

However expect it to go slow as they appear to talk to multiple customers at a time.

Phoning just gets a message passed on and ignored.

Like all companies these days.
  • bill888
    bill888 Posts: 248 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 22 January 2020 at 11:32AM

Since then they have been taking the broadband payment from the line rental paid - instead of billing me and charging me separately for the broadband (which they normally would do).

fwiw, a friend and their parents renewed both their Plusnet contracts in November at same time in same phone call. Paid for Line Rental Saver. Unfortunately, one of the LRSaver renewals didn't go through properly, so the account was in credit by £197 at the start, and Plusnet have since been deducting standard line rental £18.99, plus cost of fibre broadband each month.

Line Rental Saver is worth £30 saving.

They advised they can't 'fix' the LRSaver issue on the account, so they have instead applied credits to the account instead.

Update: Two months (2x £18.99) of line rental has been credited to the account upon checking latest bill.
  • I havent had a bill for 1 year now, however they can only Backdate 90 days. Been in touch with them couple of months ago and no resolution and haven't heard anything, won't be chasing again :)
    Due to these billing issues, can you leave free of charge does anyone know? Not that I am complaining as its free broadband as they will only back date 90 days.
  • tyllwyd
    tyllwyd Posts: 5,496 Forumite
    I'm stuck in the same situation - a change in the contract got stuck in pending a year ago, so they are doing manual adjustments every month. The customer service team have been very helpful but it's all a bit hit and miss. My theory is that they don't want to spend the money sorting the problem, so they are just waiting for the people affected to come to the end of their contracts and leave.
  • I joined Plusnet in November.

I've just received my first correct bill :beer:
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    They appear to have inserted a video " how to understand your bill" .Only problem is that my bill is now not coming up ,just the dreaded "something has gone wrong ,please contact your system administrator" :mad:
  • Plusnet error
    i have recently changed to Plusnet after doing a comparison on here. However, I’ve since found out there is an error on the call charges listed on this site unfortunately.
    i queried my bill as the phone calls seemed very high per call. I rang and spoke to an advisor, who to be ho est wasn’t very helpful. Only after doing some research myself did I find out why. Apparently Plusnet charge a 23pemce set up charge per phone call. That includes standard UK calls to landlines for example with prefix 01,02 etc.
    obviously this is going to make a massive difference to people’s bills, especially if they make a lot of phone calls from their home phone. I have looked again on here and nowhere is it stated about this additional charge. It’s also not easy to find. I have got Plusnet to reimburse me last months. However this doesn’t change the fact I’m now stuck in a contract with them. I feel as if I’ve been hoodwinked, I was trying to save money not take on extra bills.
    ive emailed customer service on here twice but so far haven’t had any replies, so I wanted to try and give people a heads up before they may make the mistake of changing to Plusnet too. I’m not at all happy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure