Had PIP assessment, what next?

Hello Everyone,

I had a face-to-face PIP assessment about 3 weeks ago. What happens next? Is there anything I should be doing? The F2F appointment paperwork says the DWP should write to me in 4-6 weeks after the assessment but I never trust the “wait & see” instructions given by the DWP. Any advice please?

Comments

• The HCP report will have gone to a DM at the DWP, it depends how busy they are as to how soon you will hear.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,323 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    It will differ from area to area. I received a letter giving a result within 4-5 weeks. Ask for a PA4 report now. You might have to ask more than once.

Then you can decide whether to ask for an MR or not. Once you have asked, you will have 28 days to present your case (note, not a month).

I was told to keep the MR letter shortish. Mine was 2 half pages long.

Try and avoid getting riled up if you see things reported that didn't happen, and things not reported that did. Be aware if you need help with the MR etc, its wise to make appointments as soon as you decide to do the MR, it can take time to get these appointments.
  • Prinzessilein
    Prinzessilein Posts: 3,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    You can (and I suggest you should) phone the DWP today and ask for a copy of the Assessors Report.

Whilst the Decision Maker will make the final decision, they will rely HEAVILY on the report sent by the Assessor. In many cases they will simply copy the information onto their own forms, and it will give you a pretty fair idea of which way the decision is going to go.

Whilst it is not a 100% guarantee that that the Decision Maker will agree with the findings and recommendation of the Assessor, it will give you a head start if you need to go for a MR
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure