Alternatives to Swagbucks

Hello I am starting a new thread because I didn't want to clog up the Swagbucks topic. The new app limit for me is possbly the last draw for me and I'm getting sick of them making it harder to earn money from them so I am looking for alternatives. What do you guys think of these websites and are there any others worth looking at:

Gifthulk
TimeBucks
Grabpoints
instagc

Thank you

Comments

• GreyAndGold
    GreyAndGold Posts: 738 Forumite
    I've not tried any of those sites so cant comment on those, but I'm also now done with swagbucks. They have been slicing off earning opportunities for ages now but usually just a little bit at a time here and there, but this slashing of earnings on the apps is too much it's not worth the memory space on my phone for 4 sb a day. I'll get enough to use the sb I have on one last gift card then I'm out.
  • Lungboy
    Lungboy Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I like Prolific. It tends to give studies in drips but they sometimes pay very well and are usually a bit different and interesting.
  • Branded Surveys - used to be called Mintvine if you like doing offers as well as surveys, they also have a daily poll that pays some points, also pays DQ points on some surveys. It's a slower one than swagbucks but OK. Totally agree that SB has gone downhill recently.
  • cs1986_2
    cs1986_2 Posts: 51 Forumite
    I can only comment on InstaGC but I like it more than Swagbucks. I probably earn twice as much on InstaGC as I do on Swagbucks.

InstaGC also pays me to paypal instantly whereas SB takes around 4 days for payment to appear in my account.
    Make £2018 in 2018 Challenge:
    £536.78/£2018 (26.5% complete)
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    For surveys you cannot beat going direct to the survey sites as they are not paying a middleman who just passes on a very thin slice of the earnings.
    Swagbucks for example can pay 10% or less than the actual survey sites and none of the sites like them pay anything close to going direct but as it is where those type of sites make most of their money they are always keen to get you doing surveys.
  • Tolteca87
    Tolteca87 Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    It's also more reliable as there is no extra layer involved.
  • pointsguy
    pointsguy Posts: 72 Forumite
    GrabPoints.com as of late. Highest offer payouts and they lowered their rewards. My fave is Your Surveys, they pay almost $0.94 for it. Anything next to it pays $0.75 or less it seems. Not to mention all the other walls & surveys that pay much more.

Also, they just increased Smores / Engage. They now pay 8 points for every 3 video views.
  • mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Lungboy wrote: »
    I like Prolific. It tends to give studies in drips but they sometimes pay very well and are usually a bit different and interesting.

Prolific has also being going downhill recently but is still for me by far my biggest earner

Swagbucks for me I tend to run the apps in the background, I do many searches a day trying to get search wins - very little hassle, very little work for me. I tend to stay clear of the surveys as they are so dodgy, Yes earning is not amazing, but then I am not doing very much work. I usually get 5 or a 10er a month if I am lucky. I think the thing for me with SB is I earn "passive" money, even while I am watching TV or doing surveys for other sites. So I'll take that.

I looked at GiftHulk but it confuses me a little to be honest.

I am unsure why you would complain about SB and then go to a site which pays less, that is shooting yourself in the foot IMHO.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • wjr4
    wjr4 Posts: 1,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I had a good week of Prolific last week but only one small study since. That is my favourite website.
    I use valued opinions for love2shop vouchers - surveys can be VERY boring though.
    Globaltestmarket is okay sometimes but awful customer service if the survey does not credit.
    I've tried to use Instagc but I find it really confusing & unsure how to even work it!
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and should not be seen as financial advice.
  • Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Can't comment on half of those sites, as never heard of them.

Gifthulk proved to painful for me to even get started earning with.

InstaGC is very below average for earnings, I get screened out of 99% of surveys on there which wastes a great deal of time. Other earning opportunities on there are poor, as they rely on loads of these offer walls which we all know don't pay out. Their customer service is terrible and they will never credit you for surveys, even with proof that you completed them.

Clixsense which I tried for a while is dire. Lots of paid per click opportunities and you can't run them in the background, like you can SB.

Prolific is good, but since they've started to allow each user only a tiny fraction of the former survey opportunities it's a slower burn. Still comparable with SB as generally it pays better.

Even though SB has gone downhill again recently, I've still yet to find as reliable a day-to-day opportunity.

Populus Live along with Pinecone are the best paying survey companies out there for me. IPSOS i-say and YouGov are fairly slow burns, but OK. Newvistalive is also an even slower burn, but always pays.

Viewsbank is a small earner, but soon adds up - especially if you do some of their telephone mystery shopping opportunities.

Anyway, the best way to make SB pay is to become an influencer. Then you'll stop complaining about it!
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family