Eggxactly egg cooker market acceptance test

Comments

• welshbookworm
    welshbookworm Posts: 2,905 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I've not seen one of these gadgets but just what does it do that a saucepan of water doesn't?
    Its meant to time the boiling, so you don't burn the eggs and end up with exploding boiled eggs!
    The best portion of your life will be the small, nameless moments you spend smiling with someone who matters to you.
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I've never done that in 68 years, the trusty egg timer (beit sand or electrical) sees to that.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    If you burn a boiled egg you really shouldn't be let near hot water. :)
  • welshbookworm
    welshbookworm Posts: 2,905 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    hollydays wrote: »
    If you burn a boiled egg you really shouldn't be let near hot water. :)
    I've done it more than once :o
    My children grew up thinking that the smoke alarm going off was the signal dinner was ready :rotfl:
    The best portion of your life will be the small, nameless moments you spend smiling with someone who matters to you.
  • abone
    abone Posts: 4 Newbie
    Ian

My experience is identical to yours. Got same response in Feb then haven't heard anything since despite a follow up. I don't particarly mind is taking a while but the lack of communication does annoy me a bit.
  • dodger1
    dodger1 Posts: 4,579 Forumite
    I've done it more than once :o
    My children grew up thinking that the smoke alarm going off was the signal dinner was ready :rotfl:

My school days wake up alarm was mother scraping the black off the burnt toast, happy days :)
    It's someone else's fault.
  • Ian

I am also a market tester and bought cooker as soon as I was notified. I was also quoted 12 weeks. Sent emails and got eggxactly the same reply as you, although I have not received the second email you received. Have been trying to contact them for two weeks without any reply. It is very frustrating when all they have to do is communicate. Having seen your second email feel a bit better about it but not very much.

I don't quite know what can be done, just wait and hope.
  • igdirect
    igdirect Posts: 38 Forumite
    Thanks Tim and Abone.

I think I'll call Surrey Trading Standards and see if they have had any complaints.

Ian
  • Be interested to see what you hear back Ian as after no communication from them since Feb, I finally gave up and have requested a refund. Heard nothing back as yet despite chasing a number of times. Worrying...
  • Think time has come to do something, the lack of communication is concerning. Trading standards is a good start, I will be interested in what transpires on that front. I looked up business information for Eggxactly Ltd on various sites because only email communication is forthcoming on invoice, etc. I found a telephone number for Eggxactly!

I have left a message!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport