Vitality Health Insurance

Has anyone been with them or currently with them?
I really like their idea of trying to get people to be more active but I read some reviews about them on TrustPilot last night and wasnt too impressed.
Anyone have any thoughts on Vitality?
Thanks

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,358 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    but I read some reviews about them on TrustPilot last night and wasnt too impressed.

What exactly didn't impress you? (noting that insurance companies generally attract bad reviews as default and you really only know when they are good when they pay out - so many of the positive reviews will be pointless).
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,955 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    My adult children are with them.

Take the discounts for being active with a pinch of salt, they require you to join relatively expensive gyms to get the discount on gym membership.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • Weighty1
    Weighty1 Posts: 1,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    As an adviser myself, I believe that Vitality have over-complicated their product. Yes, it works really well with certain clientele but as mentioned above, only certain gym chains get the discounted membership, yes, you get discounted prices on certain products, but that's only worthwhile if you were going to buy them in the first place and a lot of these discounts aren't contractual so can be changed. In fact, the eligibility criteria for getting free cinema tickets became more stringent in the past.

In addition to this, a lot of the cheaper priced Vitality options are "optimised" which mean you get an up-front discount on the premium but it also means the premiums can increase year on year if you don't follow their healthy living programme or have an annual medical. The non-optimised premiums are often a lot higher than other insurers premiums so in effect you could argue that you are paying for the additional benefits in a round about way.
  • wjr4
    wjr4 Posts: 1,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I'm not a fan of the plans purely because the premiums are not guaranteed.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and should not be seen as financial advice.
  • Weighty1
    Weighty1 Posts: 1,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    wjr4 wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of the plans purely because the premiums are not guaranteed.

Some are!
    It's just the ones that are normally most cost effective are the optimised ones - they actually ARE guaranteed premiums, but guaranteed in how they can change year on year depending on certain factors
  • I have just had my renewal through from them

I had reached gold status

But they have put the renewal at silver status because i reached that at the 10 month period as per their Tc and Cs

Its a 12 month plan.

Needless to say it has not impressed me and i think ill be shopping around.
  • maniac886
    maniac886 Posts: 3,599 Forumite
    Just be aware from early next year they are changing their rewards

https://www.vitality.co.uk/rewards/partners/active-rewards/cinema/

"Our Cineworld and Vue Active Reward is being updated

From early 2019, you’ll need to earn 12 activity points a week for two consecutive weeks to claim a cinema ticket.

If you have children on your plan, each adult will need to earn 12 points a week for two consecutive weeks to unlock child cinema tickets.

To give you more flexibility, your cinema ticket code will be valid for two weeks instead of expiring after a week.

If you join as an eligible Life or Invest member, the number of tickets you can claim during a plan year is capped at a maximum of 12 (single plan holder), 24 (2+ adults on the plan) or 36 tickets a year (family with 1+ children/adult dependents)."

Vitality

If you have a look at their twitter page there are a lot of people complaining as there are customers who used to be able to get a ticket a week and can now only get 1 a month.
    "He's a maniac, maniac that's for sure,
    He will kill your cat and nail him to the door" :eek:
    Murphys No More Pies Club Member #95
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills