House Insurance Talents.

Hi,

I wanted to know in a house insurance claim do the talents get paid out separately ?

(Mum living with son (aged 32), insurance under moms name).

Comments

• dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    If you are living with your mother, in your family home your own contents would be covered under her policy by most Insurers as you would be regarded one of the insured family members
  • bobbyy_2
    bobbyy_2 Posts: 17 Forumite
    dacouch wrote: »
    If you are living with your mother, in your family home your own contents would be covered under her policy by most Insurers as you would be regarded one of the insured family members

Yes, but her bank account and my bank account is to different places.

Can’t be arguing about the losses and payout.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Her policy, her payout, and only she can make a claim from what you have written.
  • bobbyy_2
    bobbyy_2 Posts: 17 Forumite
    edited 13 July 2018 at 8:04PM
    Her policy, her payout, and only she can make a claim from what you have written.

Yes but there are my contents in the house ...etc !!! (My 20 year old whisky).
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Look at her Policy Booklet, you can find a copy on line if your know which Insurer and which exact product eg brand.

You just need to look under the "Definitions" or "Meaning of words" section and locate what they define as "Family" and / or "Insured Persons".

You will then know if your items are covered, as others have mentioned, if the policy is in your mothers name and you are not a policy holder then actual claims payments would be made via her
  • tempus_fugit
    tempus_fugit Posts: 1,189
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Is it just me? What are talents?
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    bobbyy wrote: »
    Yes but there are my contents in the house ...etc !!! (My 20 year old whisky).

Basically tough!
    Unless you have your own key to a partition of the house you are living under her rules and insurance.

You could put your valuables in a storage unit?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure