cfadvisory.co.uk

Comments

• I'm in the same boat as you all, paid the £495 and nearly 18 months later I'm getting know where with a refund.
    I think my best route is going to be to formally complain to them via email. I've read their complaints procedure but can't seem to find any contact information in there to complain! All it says is contact the complaints Manager, surprisingly they don't give information on how to contact them...
    Is anyone able to advise me on who / how they went about their complaint?
    Thanks
  • The website has the following message
    Citizen Financial Services Limited has ceased trading, please direct all your enquiries to enquiries@mcalisterco.co.uk.
    - I have contacted them and they told me to try and claim back through my credit card but I doubt I will get anywhere as it was 18 months ago.
    If this doesnt work they have told me to fill out a proof of debt form and lodge it with the liquidators.
    Don't think I will see my £495 again.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Heldy65 wrote: »
    The website has the following message
    Citizen Financial Services Limited has ceased trading, please direct all your enquiries to enquiries@mcalisterco.co.uk.
    - I have contacted them and they told me to try and claim back through my credit card but I doubt I will get anywhere as it was 18 months ago.
    If this doesnt work they have told me to fill out a proof of debt form and lodge it with the liquidators.
    Don't think I will see my £495 again.

Try and S75 or chargeback and see (I can't remember how long you have to do both)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Nasqueron wrote: »
    Try S75 or chargeback and see
    Too late for either.
  • Don't think about using them lost £495 and now they have ceased /robbing ##stards
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Too late for either.

Just noticed this

It is not too late for Section 75, there is no limit on this - though there is a technical limit of 6 years in England/Wales (5 in Scotland) due to the statute of limitations which would prevent any court action after.

Chargeback has a limit of 120 days from point of knowing there was a failing (with a maximum of 540 days under Visa)
  • I claimed through my credit card company - quoting section 75 and spoke to a very helpful gentleman in the disputes team. Today I have been credited with the £495.

I am thrilled as I really thought that I had lost this money.
  • Does anyone have a copy of the terms and condition for this Company as no longer available on there website and my bank is requesting.
  • Does anyone have a copy of the terms and condition for this Company as no longer available on there website and my bank is requesting.
    I think you are going to struggle getting a refund from your Bank or credit card.

Please do not spam the forum with duplicate posts.
  • Your not very helpful then !!.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport