Student Loans Company Independent Assesor Liaison -- any experience?

Hello,

Not sure if this is quite the right place to post this, apologies if so.

I was wondering if anyone has had experience dealing with the Independent Assessor Liaison office at the Student Loans Company.

Long story short, I had a complaint referred to the Independent Assessor, who recommended that I be paid £600. Assessors' recommendations are binding unless the Secretary of State says otherwise. I wrote to the IA Liaison office at the SLC, whose address I was given, and was told that the report would be forwarded to the department of education and they'd get back to me in due course.

That was eight weeks ago, and I've heard nothing since. Ok, I doubt this is a priority at the DoE, but the Liaison office just doe not respond to any emails asking (politely) how long this normally takes. I've sent them two, one three weeks ago, one a week ago, and there's just no response.

So . . . anyone else dealt with this office? Are they usually so reluctant to, err, liaise? And has anyone any idea how long it might actually take the DoE to make their minds up about my case?

I don't really know what I can do about all this. I'm not really into the idea of raising a complaint about how the resolution of my prior complaint is being handled. I'm considering contacting my MP . . .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure