My year of living dangerously

Comments

• Drawingaline
    Drawingaline Posts: 2,941 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    We keep on top of dishes with a wonderful drainer I got when we married 19years ago! And cutlery goes into a pot from the Swedish store. I would hare a dishwasher. Besides that's what I call my teens lol!
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    What a good result on the cost of the Swedish chair!:)

Sorry that things at work at such a drain, but you've had some excellent advice from redo.

I think your idea of waking up earlier to get yourself going is an excellent one and it's certainly worked for you today! :j
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • 24ta
    24ta Posts: 220 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    You can make oven top cakes.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Homegrown0 wrote: »
    I mentioned a while back that I've started getting up with my husband in the morning (about 6.45am) to enable me to get a coffee in peace before the kids get up and the craziness ensues. It's actually working really well rather than being rudely awoken by kids and thrown straight into the chaos of getting ready. I hope you manage to find the right balance!

Also, the earlier you get started, the earlier you can get finished and have your afternoons/ evenings as your own.

What time are you aiming to get up and what is that relative to your normal wakening time? Just curious!

I'm considering some home yoga at lunchtime to get me moving.
    Hope you enjoyed your yoga.

I usually get up at 7ish but when I'm worried about something I stay in bed 'thinking' and that does me no good. I am now getting up at 6.30 but want to get up at 5.30, so my creative work is underway by 6.00. My days are better when I wake early and go to bed earlier. They just are...
    What a good result on the cost of the Swedish chair!:)
    j
    Yes I was very pleased. MSE has twisted my perception and £120 for one chair feels extortionate ;)
    24ta wrote: »
    You can make oven top cakes.
    Never thought of it but I've goggled and seen a few possibilities. Thank you :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Homegrown0
    Homegrown0 Posts: 1,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Wow - I get up once in a blue moon at 5.30am to go to the gym and it feels like the middle of the night for me. Although, i'd get up at 5.30am and not go to bed any earlier (11pm ish) so that wouldn't work for me :) If you know it's your most productive time then it sounds like a good move for you!

Did you manage to increase the early morning this morning?

Waking up and getting straight up has made such a difference to me. Not getting wrapped up in reading the news, checking emails etc before even getting out of bed has made me much less rushed in the morning!
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
    Pay off by Xmas 2019 #02 - target £10,000
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,065 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I'm a morning person and most productive then. I am usually up at 5.30am but do go to bed early in the evenings.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • doingitanyway
    Homegrown0 wrote: »
    Wow - I get up once in a blue moon at 5.30am to go to the gym and it feels like the middle of the night for me. Although, i'd get up at 5.30am and not go to bed any earlier (11pm ish) so that wouldn't work for me :) If you know it's your most productive time then it sounds like a good move for you!

Did you manage to increase the early morning this morning?

Waking up and getting straight up has made such a difference to me. Not getting wrapped up in reading the news, checking emails etc before even getting out of bed has made me much less rushed in the morning!
    Definitely getting straight up leads to a better day for me.
    I was up at 6.10 today so getting there, just need to crack the extra 40 mins.
    jwil wrote: »
    I'm a morning person and most productive then. I am usually up at 5.30am but do go to bed early in the evenings.

My ideal is a cheeky nap for 40 mins during the day then I can stay up later. Without it I crash earlier :o
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    I was up early again :)

I woke with a migraine but managed to kill it with tablets so I thought I'd do a trip to the Swedish store to return a rug to the Swedish store. I picked up one I am 100% happy with now. No queues as early :) Another plant was an impulse buy. Picked up bits in Asd3. Easter eggs for god children and fruits, veggies and turkey.

It's warm here. I plan to do 2 hours creative work and also cut the grass. Then load the car for a tip run.

FROG: I called and left a message with the plumber to get a bathroom quote.

Hope everyone is well.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Well done on the frog.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    A rare bit of good news from work. There was an error in calculating the amount I am due to receive. It has gone up by £700. Not a fortune but into the next thousand and if I trade some leave I can go to the next thousand again. At least I will have enough money for a new bathroom ;)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills